FA Cup Final | What time are you setting off and from where?

Yep...on a Bullocks coach from Sale. Was only just 13 but me mum made me a butty and gave me a couple of bob "just in case".
Wouldn't happen nowadays.

With @AliBobbyJ conceived of making an audio documentary about that day like no other (with some looking back at that season, but the main focus on that day). Since he lives in New York and I live near Lille, it was never really going to get off the ground!
Had I Iived in Manchester I would have done the footslogging, though. Just going and interviewing people, sort of along the lines of what Studs Terkel did so magnificently (which is a model of oral history). I am aware that I would have needed some professional advice beforehand, and above all some professional editing after it — you don’t just rock up and get people’s memories and necessarily make something listenable. I contacted one or two people about it (i.e. David Mooney, Steven McInerney, think I might have contacted Gary J, not sure) but they all said, understandably, that it was just too much work. Completely unremunerated, at that. And it would be. It would be several weeks’ worth of work on a daily basis, at least.
I do have this mournful sense, though, that it’s never been properly celebrated by the club, especially from the supporters’ point of view, and that that generation is now passing, and a vital piece of history will sink into the ocean of time and out of sight for ever. 1936—7 is just too far back. 2012 is recent and recorded every which way (as all of life in the social media age now is). ’68 is the Big Fish that is swimming away.
Sorry to be so off topic. Just one of my obsessions. Back on thread…

Anyone got a link to the page showing our pubs at Wembley? Apologies I’ve looked around and can’t see it for the life of me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.