FA Cup QF Draw | Everton (A)

I know its too early to talk about the quad, but if its a realistic goal for Pep & the club, we need to get the league won ASAP. End of season is going to be manic as we have already got 2 games to rearrange

I still have bad memories of the 1966 QF tie with Everton. It was 0-0 at Maine Road and 0-0 at Goodison Park. We ended with a second replay at Molineaux won 2-0 by Everton.

I suppose it was for the best as City were still locked in a promotion battle with Huddersfield, Coventry and Southampton and an extended and brutal cup run was not ideal.

After the match at Wolverhampton, I tried to congratulate some Everton fans and wished them well against United in the SF. One told me to piss off!

Emirates FA Cup Quarter Final Draw

Everton vs Manchester City
Bournemouth vs Southampton
Leicester City vs Manchester United
Barnsley/Chelsea vs Sheffield United
just checked the calendar. we have champions league game before this in second leg at home. hopefully we have won it in first leg itself so easy stroll that second leg. and then after this quarter final is international break so we can probably play out first choice xi here and go for a win without worrying about rotating. on that note why is that international break still happening? i mean just read klopp can't go to germany for his own mum's funeral. german champions league teams having to play outside germany. how are they arranging all these international games??

So the Leicester game will clearly by first pick, by BBC, so they’ll be the Saturday 5.30pm match.
Would then expect BT to choose us as the next pick, their first, so I’m guessing 4.30pm on the Sunday.

You are right BBC's first pick would be Leicester v United ... but that doesn't have to be a Saturday game. I think they'll put that on Sunday and leave Saturday for BT Sport. (Also because of Europa League Thursday night). So ours might be Saturday 20th. Our game before that one is on Tuesday and that's fixed (not changing again - the CL second leg of R16) so even a Saturday game gives us three clear days in between ... but yes, Sunday would be even better. The stupid international break afterwards.

7 games out of 10 that premier league gameweek would need rescheduling. Why don't they just move that whole gameweek, all 10 games over to 2/3 March midweek then leave that weekend for FA Cup Quarters. Would just make sense instead of having just the three premier league games that weekend and then scattering the rest of the seven ties (14 teams) around all over. But then that's too much common sense for PL/FA.

I still have bad memories of the 1966 QF tie with Everton. It was 0-0 at Maine Road and 0-0 at Goodison Park. We ended with a second replay at Molineaux won 2-0 by Everton.

I suppose it was for the best as City were still locked in a promotion battle with Huddersfield, Coventry and Southampton and an extended and brutal cup run was not ideal.

After the match at Wolverhampton, I tried to congratulate some Everton fans and wished them well against United in the SF. One told me to piss off!
Was at both the 0-0 games,king Colin was cup tied.

The first equaliser was superb Bobby Mac cross Reeve's Knock down brilliant finish from Gerry Gow. R I P
Was in Dublin at Ireland v England rugby international came off cursing Ireland's defeat and informed City had lost to Everton . Learned in the pub we had equalised at the death and my mood changed to one of euphoria. Last night home Wednesday go so wrecked I forgot the replay had taken place. On the way to the boat I remembered and asked my rag brother in law the score. 3;1 he said, who to I demanded, my secret said he the red bastard. Found a paper on the boat and felt over joyed . Great result great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.