FA Cup R3 Draw - Huddersfield Town (H) | Sun 7th Jan 2pm

Decent enough draw. Been in the premier league recently enough whereby this wont be their game of the century and just about shit enough for us to be able to field a near complete second string/eds combined side and still win comfortably. Would have preferred it away for the trip but home advantage isn't a bad thing.

Arsenal vs Dippers is potentially a nice bonus. They actually play each other 3 times within about a month now so this will probably just be 2 second string sides against one another rather than both sides playing strong teams. you'd probably want both of them in it a bit longer in an ideal world just for the fixture pile up but one of them going out early doors doesn't harm our chances of retaining it.

Good draw. After the absolute killer draw we got throughout every competition last season on our way to the treble. I can't wait for the first fucknugget to claim we get easy draws.
Every draw?Steady.jpg

I said every competition, not every single draw. Our champions league route was brutal.

Playing Chelsea then arsenal in the 3rd and 4th round is as tough as it gets. If you are responsible for knocking the best teams out early, you're naturally not going to face as tough an opponent later. We beat 3 of probably the 4 teams most likely to win the entire thing other than ourselves.

I said every competition, not every single draw. Our champions league route was brutal.

Playing Chelsea then arsenal in the 3rd and 4th round is as tough as it gets. If you are responsible for knocking the best teams out early, you're naturally not going to face as tough an opponent later. We beat 3 of probably the 4 teams most likely to win the entire thing other than ourselves.
So this is a good draw when compared against last season which at this point the only comparison is Swindon in the FA Cup?

As for the Champions League last season, Ok we faced Real and Bayern but a different route would probably have seen us facing one in the final. I would prefer to play both home and away rather than just one at a neutral ground in a one off game?Steady.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.