FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

Went to Vale when Clive Allen scored the winner.
hqdefault.jpg

I went to Vale in '99, when Bish and SWP - making his league début - came on at half time and caused absolute havoc in the Vale defence.

We were losing 0-1 at half-time, but won 2-1. It was a great day out.
Your post reminded me that I was there too, sat in the home end, and it was an excellent debut by SWP. How times have changed in 20 years!

There aren’t many we haven’t though
That got me thinking: Of the EFL teams in the cup draw, these are the interesting ones from a new team or new ground perspective:

Rochdale: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. I've seen us at their place in a friendly.
Forest Green Rovers: Not seen them anywhere.
Carlisle United: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. I've seen us at their place in the old second division.
Oxford United: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. I saw us at their place in the cup last season and am going again in a couple of weeks. I also saw us twice at their old ground.
Exeter City: Never seen us play them.
Shrewsbury Town: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. I've seen us at their old place in the old second division and their new place in a friendly.
Luton Town: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad.
Bristol Rovers: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Saw us at their place in the third division.
Plymouth Argyle: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Never seen us at Home Park.
Coventry City: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at Highfield Road loads of times but not at the Ricoh.
Ipswich: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at Portman Road many times.
Crewe Alexandra: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad.
Port Vale: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at Vale Park several times including that Clive Allen cup game.
Tranmere Rovers: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at their place a few times.
Preston: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at their place a few times.
Millwall: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at their new place.
Newport County: Never seen us play them at home. Saw us at their place last season.
Rotherham United: Never seen us at their new ground, and probably won't do this season as they are 3 down at Solihull.
Brentford: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. saw us at their place in the FA Cup when Nicky Summerbee got the only goal.
Fleetwood Town: Not seen them against City home or away..
Portsmouth: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at their place a few times.
Gillingham: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad. Seen us at their place a couple of times. And at Wembley!!
Northampton Town: Seen them at Maine Road but not at the Etihad.
Peterborough United: Never seen us play them at home. Saw us at their place in the 80-81 FA Cup 5th round.

Yes, I know I'm a fucking anorak for knowing this stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.