FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

Don't worry mate there are some sensative souls on here, not that I blame them with the way the media and football authorities have treated our Club recently.

Hope you have a great day out and like your visit to our superb stadium, what are your feelings on the ridiculous kick-off time?

I’d imagine the kick-off time will be great for Vale fans. Short train journey and all day on the lash in Manchester. What’s not to like?

Last edited:
Cheers.can just remember reading the numerous comments from one of your fan forums how poor you were that day.....What's changed since at the club as you all sound pretty enthusiastic now.New signings? Diff style of football?
Anyway hope you enjoy your trip to The Etihad.great draw for the club.I was at your place for the cup tie back in 1990..a rip roaring atmosphere with a 3pm Saturday k.o ..your ground was bouncing..it was only after we subbed ex stoke striker Adrian heath that we nicked it 1-2,Clive Allen header immediately after.good game that.
Darren Beckford scored for Vale and Allen's equaliser actually came off a flick from Vale's Robbie Earle. Those 2 had a great partnership together

Darren Beckford scored for Vale and Allen's equaliser actually came off a flick from Vale's Robbie Earle. Those 2 had a great partnership together
That was my only game at Vale Park, we were in one of those pens behind the goal, my overriding memory was that the one I was in was much too full.

Definitely not...
Looks like the game will be sold out so it should be a great day for all.

City's performance will maybe depend on how we do between now and then but I am expecting City to be really up for the Cups this season because of the way it has gone for us in the league.

Pep and City players despite playing some magnificent football for 2 seasons are now being put under the microscope and that does not bode well for any of our rivals. Do that and you just fire City up.

Looks like the game will be sold out so it should be a great day for all.

City's performance will maybe depend on how we do between now and then but I am expecting City to be really up for the Cups this season because of the way it has gone for us in the league.

Pep and City players despite playing some magnificent football for 2 seasons are now being put under the microscope and that does not bode well for any of our rivals. Do that and you just fire City up.

Do you think City will sell all there tickets?

Do you think City will sell all there tickets?
Well City had two home crowds in the FA Cup 3rd and 4th round last season and got 50k plus at both so I think so.

City aren't playing so well this season but it's still loads of fun to watch City as you can imagine. I have got my ticket already and I am looking forward to it. It's not often we have so many visiting fans. We typically get between 1500 and 3000 away fans for league games but the FA Cup games have brought some very big visiting supports in recent seasons. Yours will be one of the biggest away fan turnouts we've had.

I am afraid even though it will be a big crowd, the City end is likely to be quiet which might disappoint you. You will all be very welcome though.

Well City had two home crowds in the FA Cup 3rd and 4th round last season and got 50k plus at both so I think so.

City aren't playing so well this season but it's still loads of fun to watch City as you can imagine. I have got my ticket already and I am looking forward to it. It's not often we have so many visiting fans. We typically get between 1500 and 3000 away fans for league games but the FA Cup games have brought some very big visiting supports in recent seasons. Yours will be one of the biggest away fan turnouts we've had.

I am afraid even though it will be a big crowd, the City end is likely to be quiet which might disappoint you. You will all be very welcome though.

As of Saturday we had sold 5800 of our allocation that's 3 days of season ticket sales. They go on general sale on Sunday but I can see us selling out the 8000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.