FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalvin Phillips is genuinely brilliant.

I know he's not yet shown it for you, but he was absolutely brilliant under Bielsa in a side which play at a similar intensity to you.

Honestly I think he'll come good for you, that 6 role in your side is perfectly suited to him, he's probably the best player in the country at breaking up counter attacks.

Give him time, lots of your players (if I'm right) have taken a year or more to settle. Cancelo, Grealish, Mahrez, Rodri etc off the top of my head.
Spot on, he's had a long injury lay off at Leeds and then with us, coupled with a new team, different way of playing and not playing regularly, wont see the best of him until next season.

Spot on, he's had a long injury lay off at Leeds and then with us, coupled with a new team, different way of playing and not playing regularly, wont see the best of him until next season.
He's more than capable at the top level too, other than Sterling he was England's best performer at the Euros last year.

Love him, he'll come good.

Tonight tells us a lot about Phillips's future. If he doesn't start this one he's probably not part of Pep's plans.

Seen a few Bristol games and I think we will definitely get chances. Thinking about the game, would Pep gamble on a 4-2-4 playing Perrone and Phillips in the two defensive midfield roles? Could give us a few options in the future. Or, will it be more of the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.