FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should still be a strong team assuming no injuries from tonight.

Ortega, Stones, Ake, Kovacic, Alvarez & Doku all to start probably.

Oh well the 4 on the trot will make up for missing out on a consecutive treble. I think we have done remarkably well to have stayed in contention for so long, looking nothing like the side that ripped it up last year.

Up the fucking blues
Spot on!
We've been a shadow of ourselves from last year.
We've looked our former selves in only a handful of games this season.
If we can get the League, that will be an amazing achievement. I'll be surprised if we can make the final as Chelsea will be well up for it and we'll be rotating big time after tonight's extra time.

Should still be a strong team assuming no injuries from tonight.

Ortega, Stones, Ake, Kovacic, Alvarez & Doku all to start probably.
Doubt Stones are able to start. If he was anything close to being fit we wouldnt have wasted 112 mins with Akanji on the pitch in a must win game against Real Madrid.

Spot on!
We've been a shadow of ourselves from last year.
We've looked our former selves in only a handful of games this season.
If we can get the League, that will be an amazing achievement. I'll be surprised if we can make the final as Chelsea will be well up for it and we'll be rotating big time after tonight's extra time.
Agree mate. Can't see us beating Chelski with a patched up side after tonights efforts. Just go for that fucking 4 on the trot. Already done the treble ;)

Save for that win against Spurs in the Cup, we still haven't beaten anyone of note this season (Villa were a patchwork). We should have beaten Chelsea in both League encounters but got drawn into playing basketball with them and that played to their strengths. If Guardiola tries to match fire with fire again, I fear we'll be picked off and lose. Might be time to dust off the false nine, keep possession and expose their weaknesses.

Tonight was the kinda game were you get through it's worth it you get beat and you wonder if that extra 40 minutes could impact Saturday. Hopefully not but an awful lot of our players looked very leggy tonight

Think we would have rotated heavily regardless of the result tonight, given the ridiculously short amount of time between the games, but the defeat and extra-time have made it inevitable. The players looked spent at the end of the game, and it’s going to take a huge effort to lift themselves again for this one.

Ortega
Lewis
Stones
Dias
Ake
Kovacic
Nunes
Grealish
Bobb
Doku
Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.