FA Cup Semi Final | Coventry City v United

More evidence of the paranoia amongst some on this site.

Something very odd about the offside technology at the minute. If they're drawing lines in a studio using the TV cameras as it's reference point per say, surely the angle isn't going to be precise? After seeing this clip, it doesn't make sense (unless it's a doctored video).

Fuck me that’s about 2 metres on.

Something very odd about the offside technology at the minute. If they're drawing lines in a studio using the TV cameras as it's reference point per say, surely the angle isn't going to be precise? After seeing this clip, it doesn't make sense (unless it's a doctored video).

Check out roland rats reaction

Russel Kane is banned from first leg of the Europa semi.

The FA don't want to ban Onana as they'll be accused of helping them by forcing them to play with a goalkeeper.
Who is Russel Kane? I’m on about Martinez not being sent off for 2 yellows. He was booked during the game and in the shootout. Therefore a yellow in the shoot out is pointless. He’s suspended because he was also booked in the first leg. I have no idea who Russell Kane is :-(

Last edited:
Fuck me that’s about 2 metres on.
It's not though is it. It just looks like that because when the ball is played you can't even see where Wan Bissaka is. Wright was offside. It was a tight call and a harsh one but ultimately the correct one. Whether we want these kinds of tight (but ultimately right) offside calls being made is a separate matter, and it's fair enough to question whether the exact right frame was used, but by the letter of the law Wright was offside. It's shit and cruel because he was only a toe offside but that's life.

I can't stand VAR and would jump for joy if the FA got rid of it next season. But I think a lot of people blaming VAR for Coventry's goal being chalked off need to think about the same scenario happening in a world where VAR was never invented.

Think of the following scenario: O'Hare plays the pass to Wright, who looks marginally offside in the build-up, so the linesman raises his flag and the chance never even gets created - Torp never puts the ball in the net. In the aftermath, the cameras run it back, the TV companies draw a line up to Wan Bissaka's feet, and establish that Wright was "just about level" and therefore onside.

After the match you'd get people desperately clamouring for VAR, saying we need technology to help referees make tight decisions, that bad refereeing is killing the sport and that people will simply stop watching if refereeing standards don't improve.

In the end, as much as I hate it, I don't think VAR is the problem with Coventry's goal - people just seem to react very fucking badly to losing these days and will always point at VAR as the villain.

Another example is Nottm Forest who were laughing and chuckling when a bad refereeing decision meant they got promoted a few years ago, but are now sending official statements claiming the FA are conspiring against them.

Football fans need to do a lot of thinking about what they actually dislike about Coventry's goal being disallowed - if the exact same thing had happened to United we'd all be laughing our heads off and there would be no VAR debate currently happening on this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.