FA Cup Semi Final | Coventry City v United

Its offside if you dont put the line in the right place and/or dont measure from the end of the defenders foot but the middle instead
Everyone can do that. It was offside. Again though, if they wanted them through they wouldn’t have awarded the pen for cov. This moaning is RAWK like.

Quite right. Thing to remember is what the offside law was introduced for.
It was brought in to prevent what we used to call ‘goal hanging‘. It was not introduced to try see if a bloke with size 11 feet is marginally closer to the goal that the bloke with size 6’s!
Have never understood why they don’t just say, if ANY part of an attacker is onside, it’s onside. It’d clear all this nonsense up once and for all and would help the assistant referees no end.
Finally, to people who say ‘they’re the rules’, so is the rule saying the keeper should be behind the line until the kick is taken, which was undoubtedly ignored in that shoot out.

It wouldn’t clear anything up. You’re just moving the issue further up the field. Would still be as many marginal calls as there are now.

Its offside if you dont put the line in the right place and/or dont measure from the end of the defenders foot but the middle instead
That angle and them lines he looks onside lol, but when I watched the reply live I did think shit he's offside. He was just offside sadly.

There is always an error as the frame rate of the cameras is not real time. It can be as much as several inches depending on how fast players are moving and how hard the ball is struck
Yes, I have spoken about that before (and others have posted analysis from experts regarding those limitations) and that is part of my point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.