FA Cup Semi Final | Coventry City v United

Didn't watch this but did watch the dippers game, goal scored and VAR decided it was so tight that they stayed with the on field decision - benefited the dippers obviously.
I'd say you can't make it up.
But you can.
I was going to go to the cup final I feel like not bothering it's a long way to go to be cheated

You know just thinking when the rags were winning titles and getting to FA Cup finals not once did we come close yes we were shit,but now the tables have turned I find it strange that they have got to finals when basically they are shit as well something just doesn’t add up ..

Its offside if you dont put the line in the right place and/or dont measure from the end of the defenders foot but the middle instead
Cov foot is at 45 angle United player at straight ahead not sure how you can measure that accurately to rule out goal

It wouldn’t clear anything up. You’re just moving the issue further up the field. Would still be as many marginal calls as there are now.
This is correct.

The bottom line, though, is the system is simply not accurate enough to be making these types of inch-on, inch-off decisions.

And, as it stands, is far too susceptible to human error or manipulation.

There is always an error as the frame rate of the cameras is not real time. It can be as much as several inches depending on how fast players are moving and how hard the ball is struck
Simple answer is to have automated offside not some blind/bent/bias/bribable person running it, then it’s quick and acceptable to fans.

* blind/bent/bias/bribable (delete as needed)

You know just thinking when the rags were winning titles and getting to FA Cup finals not once did we come close yes we were shit,but now the tables have turned I find it strange that they have got to finals when basically they are shit as well something just doesn’t add up ..

You're probably just underestimating how shit we actually were at times, back in the day.

Sure look at last years final. Casimero should have got a straight red yet the ref gave them a free kick!..then the Grealish penalty. There were other things but can’t be arsed with the favouritism they get anymore. It’s a joke.
Absolutely, the Casimero 'tackle' was right in front of us , to say I was outraged that the free kick was given to the rags is an understatement

I genuinely thought it was just my eyes.

So not only could they have chosen the wrong frame to select for determining offside and the frames themselves could have not actually captured the real moment the ball was released, but it looks like the line for the reference defender was not even at the extremity of the playable surface of their body closest to their own goal.

This system is riddled with issues.

Cov foot is at 45 angle United player at straight ahead not sure how you can measure that accurately to rule out goal
its quite simple. You measure the part of the foot which is the furthest forward. VAR havent dont this as can be clearly seen on the pics in this incident…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.