FA Cup Semi Final - Pre Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D D

Deleted member 81382

Another trip to Wembley and a chance to reach another final.

Dave, Bernardo and Sterling to come back in with Sergio hopefully on the bench.

Expect Silva Bernardo and sterling to come in for Foden sane and mahrez. I think gundogan May come in for dinho too. Save him for spurs

The match official appointments for both Emirates FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley Stadium have been made.

1 Manchester City v Brighton & Hove Albion
5.30pm, Saturday 6 April 2019
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referees: Gary Beswick & Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Roger East
Reserve Assistant: Neil Davies
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Andrew Halliday

2 Watford v Wolverhampton Wanderers
4pm, Sunday 7 April
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistant Referees: Simon Bennett & Lee Betts
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
Reserve Assistant: Daniel Robathan
VAR: Graham Scott
AVAR: Stephen Child

Not sure how he'll play this one, even with it being a semi-final, I reckon team selection might have half an eye on the Champions League; don't think he'll risk Kev and Fern for example.

Either this:
----------------------Ederson
Walker-----Stones-----Otamendi-----Laporte
-------------------Fernandinho
-----------Gundogan-----------D.Silva
Bernardo-------------Jesus--------------Sterling

Subs: Muric, Danilo/Mendy, Kompany, Foden, De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez

Or this:
----------------------Ederson
Walker-----Otamendi-----Laporte-----Danilo
-------------------Fernandinho
-----------Gundogan-----------D.Silva
Bernardo-------------Jesus--------------Sterling

Subs: Muric, Stones, Kompany/Mendy, Foden, De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez

If Mendy is fit he needs to try and get him some minutes.

Very difficult team to predict. Tuesday will surely be the priority, so wouldn’t be surprised to see the same front three as last night start. Foden might’ve played himself into contention too, and Zinchenko’s injury might just open the door for Mendy?

Ederson
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy
Gundogan
Foden
D Silva
Sane
Mahrez
Jesus

Very difficult team to predict. Tuesday will surely be the priority, so wouldn’t be surprised to see the same front three as last night start. Foden might’ve played himself into contention too, and Zinchenko’s injury might just open the door for Mendy?
I think Pep has lost all faith in Mendy, not even on the bench last night was he?

He can not have rested both Silva's and Sterling to leave them out on Saturday, so I expect he is really going for it against Brighton.

Please do not start with Mahrez, he is playing a different game to the rest of the team.

I personally think that pep will go full strength for this as he has already said it’s a trophy he hasn’t won yet? Hopefully get a decent lead and then make changes .

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Sane
Jesus

I think Pep might start with a midfield of Fernandinho-David Silva-De Bruyne to prepare them for Tuesday and make changes earlier in the second half if we are comfortably leading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.