FA Cup SF Draw | Chelsea | Sat 17 Apr 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m assuming now the villa game that was scheduled to be played that weekend will be played on the Tuesday or Wednesday after the fa cup semi?

I have been saying this over the past few seasons, Christmas scheduling always fucks us over, always ... if it wasn't for that covid postponement, we'd have been playing Everton with the shortest turn around ever of less than 46 hours ... and this is becoming more and more blatant ... can't get any more clearer than this ... no agenda my ass!

It's the Liverpool and United fans sitting in these organizations, in media as well as the FA and the league ... they do this deliberately ... I am certain of it ... and it's not going to change overnight. It will take another decade or so of our success, when kids of this era who grow up loving City make it to those positions within these organizations is when we will see some shift ... right now it's the kids of those 80s and 90s who still have that love-in going for the two Red teams ... and they absolutely shaft us at every opportunity they can. This is as blatant a try as you'll see to derail our Quad chances ... obviously the Rags don't want us doing that so their Treble from late 90s remain the best season or this current Liverpool shambles of a team remain relevant somehow by pulling City down at every opportunity they get.

Rant over - still fuming though ...

Had drafted a bit of pre-match thread on Dortmund that I'll post after Leicester game - had already written that we need to finish that tie in the first leg itself as second one could jeopardize our Quad chances as in the second week there is a bigger game than that second leg - so we should make sure we win the first leg comprehensively. Dragging that to the second leg would mean Pep might have to sacrifice the FA Cup semi a couple of days later with a weaker team if we still need our best XI in that ... now it's even more relevant than what I wrote thinking FA semi would be on Sunday.

I have been saying this over the past few seasons, Christmas scheduling always fucks us over, always ... if it wasn't for that covid postponement, we'd have been playing Everton with the shortest turn around ever of less than 46 hours ... and this is becoming more and more blatant ... can't get any more clearer than this ... no agenda my ass!

It's the Liverpool and United fans sitting in these organizations, in media as well as the FA and the league ... they do this deliberately ... I am certain of it ... and it's not going to change overnight. It will take another decade or so of our success, when kids of this era who grow up loving City make it to those positions within these organizations is when we will see some shift ... right now it's the kids of those 80s and 90s who still have that love-in going for the two Red teams ... and they absolutely shaft us at every opportunity they can. This is as blatant a try as you'll see to derail our Quad chances ... obviously the Rags don't want us doing that so their Treble from late 90s remain the best season or this current Liverpool shambles of a team remain relevant somehow by pulling City down at every opportunity they get.

Rant over - still fuming though ...

Had drafted a bit of pre-match thread on Dortmund that I'll post after Leicester game - had already written that we need to finish that tie in the first leg itself as second one could jeopardize our Quad chances as in the second week there is a bigger game than that second leg - so we should make sure we win the first leg comprehensively. Dragging that to the second leg would mean Pep might have to sacrifice the FA Cup semi a couple of days later with a weaker team if we still need our best XI in that ... now it's even more relevant than what I wrote thinking FA semi would be on Sunday.

Oh and while I'm complaining and someone is going to get an explanation from the FA, someone please ask the Premier League as well how come two months in a row winning manager of the month Pep Guardiola isn't even nominated for March?

March contenders: Graham Potter - Brandan Rodgers - Thomas Tuchel ... and Ole fucking Solskjær ... all have played 3 and won 2 games in March each ... guess who is missing, yup the one who won 3 games (our of the 4 played).

Can use all the conspiracy theories you like but I hardly think they've given a thought to when anyone has other games, all TV companies look at is what suits them best and clearly ours is the top game and a Saturday early evening slot the peak viewing time over a Sunday afternoon slot. They probably aren't even aware when our other games are as that doesnt feature in their thought process In the same way fans are never considered when games are shifted.

I may be wrong but I thought we were first out of the bag when drawn against Chelsea, yet the game is billed Chelsea v City. Can anyone remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.