FA Cup with Budweiser...?

phuzion said:
lostmyhouseski said:
doesnt matter what they spsonsor who is really gonan drink that sh*t?

i vote for the red stripe fa cup :)

That ironic post actually made me LOL....or were you serious?

They might have to set their sights a little lower, maybe instead of the Johnston Paint Cup Trophy we could have the Red Stripe Trophy - each player from the team that wins it will recieve a £50 voucher to spend at bargain booze!

The FA Cup has had a sponsor for a long time now, whats the problem? If it allows non-league clubs to gain much needed money through tasty prize money then i couldn't give a shit if it was the Mars Bar FA Cup

weren't some teams told to remove beer sponsors from the front of shirts a couple of years ago?

Figgylion said:
Budweiser - like having sex in a canoe

They're both fucking close to water
Usually said by snobby real ale drinkers whose drinks hardly ever hit Budweiser's 5%. Take issue with the taste not the strength, unless you're a Special Brew drinker. In which case you should either be out begging, mugging or you're Buster Bloodvessel from Bad Manners.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_PbyWUZ4Q[/youtube]

SteSteez said:
Budweiser tastes crap which is why this promotes healthy drinking amongst football fans :P

Seriously though, alcohol advertising within football really pisses me off, if this is allowed why isn't tobacco advertising in F1 allowed?

it kills similar percentages of people year on year.

Should be banned in sport altogether, there's plenty of industry out there that would take it's place.

actually it doesn't tobacco kills on averahe 106,000 a year in the UK alcohol kills (depending on which stats you look at) 8,000-13,000 or 15,000 when you factor in indirect deaths i.e drink driving, falling down the stairs but i understand your point... though is that weak american piss actually alcoholic?

and it was the FA Cup with EON last year anyway

It's a sad reality that football is all about money which is symptomatic of the greed which our whole society is based on. If it wasn't sponsored by Budweiser or Eon it would just be sponsored by The Church Of Scientology or Virgin or Natwest or some other large company.

The fact remains that the vast majority of people are actually stupid enough to be taken in by this advertising, so it will just carry on in this way ad infinitum, so my advice is to ignore it.

Personally speaking, I actively avoid buying from these companies and base my judgements on quality rather than how 'big' a product is. I can guarantee that you will never ever see me in a McDonald's / Burger King and I won't be buying any manly under-eye wrinkle pens.

Pretty irrelevant in the long run anyway. It was sponsored by a German energy company last time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.