FA Youth Cup Semi final Arsenal away Tuesday 4th April 7pm

A lesson for the lads of what can happen in this game. And a reminder for us fans. We can be the best team, batter the opposition, but if a ref is against us and they are cheating bastards you can get done despite all of that. And that can be you out of a competition for another year.

To stay in it, find an equaliser and play all of that time with a man down is testament to the character of the players. Would have been easy to throw the towel in, but they remained professional throughout and kept going.

If it wasn't for poor finishing we would be at least level and that isn't the fault of the ref.
No, he didn't miss our chances for us. But he did spoil the game as early as possible and continued to give Arsenal the advantage at any opportunity.

Without his performance we'd have beaten them comfortably. By far the better team.

Went to the game - my first time at The Emirates and a 10k crowd with lots of local kids there. Thought the best feedback to share was from my son in law who is an Arsenal supporter. His thoughts at the end of the game:
“Thank God we didn’t have to play against 11 of you….couldn’t tell that City had one man less for 114 minutes….would have been very different outcome if not for the sending off…couldn’t believe the composure of some of the players”

I thought the City lads were in danger of imploding immediately after the sending off and Arsenal kept getting through on the right but after the relatively early sub we looked much tighter and grew into the game. It was a cruel way for the team to lose but i hope they are proud of themselves today.

Very, very proud of the guys last night. Never gave up. We fight to the end.

I would hope, and expect, that the coach simply told them in the dressing room how proud he was of them. And how proud City supporters can be of this young generation that's coming through. And that they've now got other business to attend to, and he knows they'll look after it.
That's really all that was needed.

Great performance and really unlucky to lose in that way of course the doyans of football rose to criticise the kid for going long, these are the same people who would have criticised if he tried to play out and got caught they'd be saying; he should have hoofed it.
It's football you make the choice shit happens. But be proud young blue boys because I am so proud of you all.

The Arse forward ran into him at speed on his blind side , if anything it was a free kick to us. Still much the better team with a man down and played the game in the correct way unlike Tom Daleys Arse
Same sort of thing happened for Arsenal against Cambridge,first tackle/foul is followed by a mass appeal and somersault. The Arsenal penalty against Cambridge was also a 'collision' with the goalkeeper. In the EDS v Arsenal this season their goalie collapsed and a stretcher brought on, he miraculously recovered durinh the 10 minute teamtalk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.