FA Youth Cup Winners 2020 - Value

Otamendi's Beard

Thought would be interesting to take a look at our FA Youth Cup winning team for 2020 and see where they are now and how much we've made from it.

1 Cieran Slicker - Ipswich - Undisclosed
2 CJ Egan-Riley - Burnley - 'Free' (approx. £1m development fee)
3 Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Southampton (loan) - TBC
4 Luke Mbete-Tabu - Den Bosch (loan) - TBC
5 Alpha Dionkou - AEK (loan) - Free
6 Joe Hodge - Wolves - Undisclosed
7 Cole Palmer - Chelsea - £40m
8 Tommy Doyle (c) - Wolves - £5m
9 Liam Delap - Hull City (loan) - TBC (£10m)
10 James McAtee - Sheffield United (loan) - TBC (£35-40m)
11 Morgan Rogers - Aston Villa - £2m+ (based on 20% add on)

Substitutes
13 Josh McNamara - Southampton - undisclosed
12 Finley Burns - Stevenage (loan) - TBC
14 Alex Robertson - Portsmouth - TBC
15 Sam Edozie - Southampton - £8m
16 Ben Knight - Stockport County (loan) - TBC
17 Jayden Braaf - Hellas Verona - Free
18 Oscar Bobb - MCFC - First team

So you could say we've made at least £56m, with a couple of small undisclosed fees unknown.

If we're to sell Delap, Harwood Bellis and McAtee that could be at least £50m. Taking our total profit to over £100m from one age group.

It's a huge success from a business POV but also a shame we'll only have one first team player on our books from such a talented squad.

Who is paying £10m for Delap, or £40m for MacAtee?
News reports from yesterday say we're looking for £10m for Delap. Whether we get it, we'll see. But young English strikers have gone for much more (Brewster??).

McAtee easily worth £40m in today's market. Palmer was £40m with way less PL experience. Still got a couple of years on his deal too. Another who's among the best English players in his position and age bracket.

McAtee will be £10-15m. No one is going near £40m. Palmer had Man City Premier League experience. McAtee has been okay at Sheffield United, nothing more, nothing less. Certainly not enough for anyone to spend that much.

McAtee will be £10-15m. No one is going near £40m. Palmer had Man City Premier League experience. McAtee has been okay at Sheffield United, nothing more, nothing less. Certainly not enough for anyone to spend that much.

If we play McAtee in preseason and the community shield etc, maybe first few games of the season I think it would not take much for him to get branded the next Palmer and net us 30+.

Part of the benefit of Palmer, Doyle, Rodgers, Tosin, Lavia doing so well in the PL is they're really boosting our academy's reputation and people think there's less risk.

If nobody wants to pay £30m+ for him then they'll be having to insert a 30-40% sell on clause.

He's done more than OK in one of the worst sides in PL history.

If nobody wants to pay £30m+ for him then they'll be having to insert a 30-40% sell on clause.

He's done more than OK in one of the worst sides in PL history.

Why are we convinced he's leaving by the way?

I thought the club wanted him to stay last year and he might be convinced to stay this time if there's a pathway for him.

Why are we convinced he's leaving by the way?

I thought the club wanted him to stay last year and he might be convinced to stay this time if there's a pathway for him.
I'm not sure many who've gone on loan have come back into the fold.

I'd love him to stay and become part of the squad. I just think it's unlikely he'd choose to be a rotation player - Nunes probably has his spot.

I'm not sure many who've gone on loan have come back into the fold.

That’s not really a reason.

No one had come through until Phil did, we used to get 500 posts a year on the transfer forum about how we’d never spend £100m on one player until we did. Guardiola doesn’t stay at clubs long term, until he did.

Besides Zinchenko did anyway.

I know what you mean, I just think we put too much emphasis on past behaviour on the forum in general.

Last edited:
If we play McAtee in preseason and the community shield etc, maybe first few games of the season I think it would not take much for him to get branded the next Palmer and net us 30+.

Part of the benefit of Palmer, Doyle, Rodgers, Tosin, Lavia doing so well in the PL is they're really boosting our academy's reputation and people think there's less risk.

Oh sure. And I've got no doubt to McAtee's talent either. Just not sure that scenario is likely at all tbh. Can't see him being involved in the same way Palmer was, and I reckon clubs are gonna spend less this summer given all the FFP charges kicking off. There won't be many clubs throwing money around as crazily as Chelsea have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.