Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he's worth more as a squad member than the presumably tiny sum we'd get for a 32 year old defensive midfielder?

I don't think so. We're gonna bring in some serious depth in the areas he plays, plus Gundogan will return, Delph is fit, Garcia due his shot...I just don't see a need for him, and let's be honest, the drop off from him since year one has been huge. I have no hard and fast stat for this either, but we concede an average of 2 goals per game when he plays recently. I don't think he offers the control or shielding that Pep would want.

Would rather take his wages off the books, make a few quid and give Delph and Garcia more opportunities. Besides, China may come knocking.

He gives us that shot from range option again. Yaya used to be a threat from range but not so much now, delph has shown he has a great shot and is accurate.

He gives us that shot from range option again. Yaya used to be a threat from range but not so much now, delph has shown he has a great shot and is accurate.

He scored one from distance calm down. The guy has scored 18 goals in 232 games, wouldn't get too giddy about his goalscoring threat.

The problem with Delph is he's actually not very good, he's a terrible passer, and his bst attribute is his stamina. I think he's getting over the top raise purely because he's been out for so long.

If he goes out we need another England qualifier to replace him. Who would that be to give a significant improvement without us being held to ransom for another mediocre player. May as well keep him as he can do a job.

Having thought about it I suppose Mooy could be utilised as a squad player in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.