Face masks

The product boasts a 3 in 1 action that kills 99.9 per cent of bacteria and viruses.
Presumably you could say the same of any household disinfectant?

But what are you actually doing with it? Spraying it on the mask? I'm sure it can destroy covid on surfaces and stuff, but spraying stuff on masks can damage their filters, meaning that they might destroy any covid that happens to be on the mask when you spray them, but make you more likely to pass it on when you wear it again.

Might be worth reading this to check. I'm not sure. ETA: it says cotton masks can be disinfected repeatedly, because they don't really have an effective filtration system in the first place, and the water droplets you're trying to stop will still be stopped by any mask.

The product boasts a 3 in 1 action that kills 99.9 per cent of bacteria and viruses, plus the entire range of scents are divine leaving the home smelling delicious all day. The latest fragrance fuses the energetic scent of sweet rhubarb and green citrus fruits. These are combined with a hint of rose on a base of muses and wood. Enough of the advertising spiel and now on to the business end. While it promises to kill without prejudice 99.9 per cent of bacteria and viruses will it actually keep us safe from the corona virus. The makers say that whilst they are unable to test Zoflora on COVID-19 until the strain is released by health authorities, they do know that the COVID–19 virus has an ‘envelope’ or ‘sleeve’ around each virus suggesting it will be sensitive to disinfectants and that comes from non other than Sarah Fozzard who is Zoflora’s head of home hygiene. So there is more to say that it will than it won't and all things considered I am better using it than not using it and besides the cost restraint is negligable as a full bottle makes up litres of the concoction when mixed in a ratio of 10/90 and I will not be boarding the jet without it firmly by our side. Tui say they will deep clean my seats and tray tables but can I really trust them to do the job to the exacting standards that we shall do, because the turnaround of an aircraft to be quite frank dictates otherwise.

She would hardly say it's useless would she!!
She has no idea in reality like everyone else....funnily enough it's made in China, albeit not by a Chinese company.

Been using the K95 ones. Gets a bit warm under the mouth area but the wife doesnt mind later on.

Everybody wearing them round here might have seen one or two not doing but are quickly told to put one on. Is what it is. If theres a 5% chance it does something that's 5 more than not doing.

Another bonus whilst wearing one and a cap I dont have to make small talk with people I cant be arsed with. So it's a win win in my eyes

Presumably you could say the same of any household disinfectant?

But what are you actually doing with it? Spraying it on the mask? I'm sure it can destroy covid on surfaces and stuff, but spraying stuff on masks can damage their filters, meaning that they might destroy any covid that happens to be on the mask when you spray them, but make you more likely to pass it on when you wear it again.

Might be worth reading this to check. I'm not sure. ETA: it says cotton masks can be disinfected repeatedly, because they don't really have an effective filtration system in the first place, and the water droplets you're trying to stop will still be stopped by any mask.

Yes we use the mask out of the packet once, then for the next two outings we pre treat with a fine spray of Zoflora and allow to air dry. This does denegrate the usibility of the mask to a degree but it's still has more protective powers than a surgical one. I did read that you can microwave them and this will nuke the Virus beyond repair but remember to take out the metal noseband first. As for the other disenfectants I only have personal experience with Zoflora as it's cost effective without the nasty associated smells of a general dissy. You wouldn't be much of a fanny magnet if you went around smelling of Jay's so it's horses for courses. If we have to wear surgical ones then we simply discard them as they are for pennies. Pre surgical's when stock was limited we wore home made sock masks which kept the people away as we looked like not rights.

She would hardly say it's useless would she!!
She has no idea in reality like everyone else....funnily enough it's made in China, albeit not by a Chinese company.

You cant say it kills 99.9% of bacteria and virus's if it doesn't. It says on the bottle that it kills them and so for a pound for a three litre concentrate it has to be worthy of a sniff.

You cant say it kills 99.9% of bacteria and virus's if it doesn't. It says on the bottle that it kills them and so for a pound for a three litre concentrate it has to be worthy of a sniff.
But you can say it kills 99.9% if what you mean is it has killed 99.9% of what you tested it on which isn't the same thing. Having said that viruses are not robust organisms, most aggressive fluids will decay them.

I’ve worn one where told to do so... really don’t like wearing it for very long but then again I never spend long shopping anyway.

Have seen shitloads not wearing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.