Facilities at the Etihad.

deedee

Folks, now that European nights seem to be here to stay, do you think the club could do something for early(or away) fans at matches.

Lots of Sporting fans wandering around early yesterday and the nearest place for a brew was ASDA. Not saying that we open a coffee house, but there should be somewhere fans can mingle early doors.

How about the top loor of the city shop? Couple of wide screens and somewhere to stay warm perhaps.

Isn't this what the great big fan-zone outside the shop is for?

Big-screen (few bars - although no beer), but certainly for the Porto game, and in some elements last night there was a good bit of mixing there.

Yes, but many fans start arriving early than 6 and they just amble around. The club could make money by offering somewhere indoors for an early brew.

I always seem to find a pub at away games. We should welcome more into the locals around the ground. Eastlands bar used to have away fans no bother.

You can go into the sports centre just off the fan zone for pretty much most games, and i've had a brew in there several times. Not sure about the European, but thats always packed before games on a sat. Certain they'll know you a tea out.

Great idea! A Starbucks with prawn buttys lol
Seriously though it's a point. Cup of tea and somewhere to get warm for family's would be good.

Wigan have a great set up for away fans, the Marque under the stadium, away only. Cheap too. Away fans do like a wonder round though but I agree with the op.

Excellent point. I was talking to a bloke before the game who'd came over from Lisbon. He said, "I could murder a brew. I'm not a murderer though." Luckily I had a flask with me!

DanCity2890 said:
A couple of beer tents outside the ground like in copenhagen

That was bang on.

Then you would have that money grabbing douchebag from mary d's in the m.u.e.n again saying city have cost him a living like he did with city square.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.