Fake news, illegal data harvesting and targeted ads

arbabarshad

With ever advancement in the world come the issues and side effects. Fakes news, illegal data harvesting and political ads for target audience are causing a democratic crises. Not just in this country but around the world on different scales. What should be the solution!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44967650

This is not about Brexit or local politics. This is a bigger danger than anything else like global warming or a nuclear war (notwithstanding Donald trumps nuclear button) as it has the capability to start civil wars among communities with different view points in every part of the world.

I find it amusing, Democracy out of the hands of the 3 that have carved it between them for years.
How do you figure that one out? The clearest case we've seen of this involves Murdoch's creed of hatred and bile being spread.

I feel that a 2 1/2 party system isn't real democracy and anything that makes the big 2 more uncertain and vulnerable is ok by me. The system is flawed and open to manipulation by big business by both contenders.

I feel that a 2 1/2 party system isn't real democracy and anything that makes the big 2 more uncertain and vulnerable is ok by me. The system is flawed and open to manipulation by big business by both contenders.
Who pays for these targeted ads? The local corner shop and Bob the plasterer?

Who pays for these targeted ads? The local corner shop and Bob the plasterer?
I'm getting on 50 yrs old. I have seen Conservative, labour and coalition governments that have impacted my life in different ways Who manipulated them is of very little concern but you can bet somebody did and the shit ran down hill and fell on my head....who was shitting on me is irrelevant it only matters to the guys that have a clear view of the rusty starfish

I'm getting on 50 yrs old. I have seen Conservative, labour and coalition governments that have impacted my life in different ways Who manipulated them is of very little concern but you can bet somebody did and the shit ran down hill and fell on my head....who was shitting on me is irrelevant it only matters to the guys that have a clear view of the rusty starfish

Don’t stand under shit mate.

Also getting bored of this ‘we’re all manipulated so it doesn’t matter who is doing the manipulating’ crap, because as bad you think your life is it can quickly descend into a level of hell you never dreamt existed.

Politics has always been a business full of scoundrels. However the extent to which it is possible to mislead those willing to be misled is clearly bigger than ever. You have to ask how did those willing become willing to be misled however? What in their lives makes them hold their views. Best way to combat it however would be for politicians to have some balls and come out fighting so if they are accused of something - say for example this series of leaflets we are going to get sent - instead of waffling and dodging the question come out and tell us why they are being sent and what the consequences of Brexit may be. You have to upset some people in doing so but hiding isn't any good either. The famous Farage poster - I know it caused outrage but nobody really came out and called him out for what bullshit it was or the Vote Leave one insinuating all 70m Turks were going to move here. Instead of calling Farage a racist and complaining there were no white faces in the poster take him to task on the fucking facts - ask him to back up what he was claiming. Same with the Vote Leave poster - when on TV with them explain to them that Turkey aren't in the EU and under Erdrogan won't be any time soon and ridicule the idea that all 70m will be heading for Peterborough.

The answer to all this isn't a counter campaign on twitter or facebook but proper political debate taking people to task on facts.

Reactions: mat
So you'd rather have the Russians illegally manipulating elections through social media than UK based employers legally exerting pressure on MPs to create better conditions for employment?

Who actually decides what is "Fake News" - is it the news that the mainstream media aren't making up themselves? Nobody in power has been bothered about the shite that the tabloids have been spouting for years.
It seems to me that they are preparing us for something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.