(fake) Random Facts - Social Experiment

bluemooninho

Every week in work, we get an email round on a Friday from HR. One of these "heres the company news and some funny bits to keep you chipper" bullshit emails.

Anyway, usually, part of this email is a 'Fun Facts' area where they put random facts in such as "The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing" and "Winston Churchill was born in a ladies washroom during a dance". Although some of these 'facts' are probably from credible sources, I can't help thinking that most of them are made up.

So who's up for a little social experiment?

I am looking for people to come up with suggestions for random facts that sound credible but have absoluely nothing to back them up. Then, the bluemooners should go out in to the world and spread the facts with all the most gullible people we know.

Then we wait for the bait to be taken by more and more people. Until our little white lie becomes 'A FACT'. I will consider the experiment over and a success when somebody comes to me and tries to impress me with one of our myths.

All suggestions welcomed!

Heres an interesting "fact"

There is a cloud(?!) of alcohol in space large enough to fill over 400 trillion bottles of beer.

I read this on twitters @omgfacts and immediately thought - "how the fuck do you know there is"

The average Meerkat will wear between 3 and 6 pairs of Ugg boots in its lifetime.

Your HR team sound like knobs with too much time on their hands.

I use to hate the drivel I'd receive from HR emails which contained "A day in the life of" articles from Senior Managers. Could I care less what Jill **** head of research division does? Nope!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.