Falcao bid - Marca

I'm torn between Cavani and Falcao. Both have had very good seasons, domestically and in European competitions.

Falcao plays in arguably an in inferior team, so he is obviously immensely talented and would probably fit better in our system of short passing. Also, Cavani had Lavezzi on the wings, and we don't really play with wingers.

However, Cavani has ridiculous stamina has a great scoring record in a league that is considered very defensive. He also helps out in defence, and is quite a bit taller than Falcao (who is a very good header) and stronger. He's also only 25.

I'd be over the moon if we signed any of them (not that we need either), but who would be the bigger success?

Sir Joe Aguero said:
I'm torn between Cavani and Falcao. Both have had very good seasons, domestically and in European competitions.

Falcao plays in arguably an in inferior team, so he is obviously immensely talented and would probably fit better in our system of short passing. Also, Cavani had Lavezzi on the wings, and we don't really play with wingers.

However, Cavani has ridiculous stamina has a great scoring record in a league that is considered very defensive. He also helps out in defence, and is quite a bit taller than Falcao (who is a very good header) and stronger. He's also only 25.

I'd be over the moon if we signed any of them (not that we need either), but who would be the bigger success?
I too would be happy with any of them, but I must say I like Falcao a bit more. I think he is about to become a complete striker. He can create things on his own, but he is also a good header of the ball, as you say, and can nick it in if a cross is delivered. Not sure who would be the biggest success, but I'd put my money on Falcao. But, Cavani is an amazing player as well.

It's funny, really.. Not many years ago we signed the likes of Samaras and Benjani, and here we are talking about arguably two of the best strikers in Europe last season.

I don't see us actually considering bidding anything even close to 50m.

Football guy said:
not heard much about this , is marca trustable?

If we are in for him , then it would be a dream signing , unbelievable player , will cost atleast £45m , maybe around £50m which might just be too much unless we sell tevez/dzeko which we will if we are to sign another striker , highly unlikely

Dream on !!!!!

While I agree Falcao would be a world-class signing, do you really think he would be valued higher than Aguero?
38-40mil would be my guess..especially if Atletico wants to sell because of their debts..and which is nearer to the figures Marca states..

sincity said:
Football guy said:

If we are in for him , then it would be a dream signing , unbelievable player , will cost atleast £45m , maybe around £50m which might just be too much unless we sell tevez/dzeko which we will if we are to sign another striker , highly unlikely

Dream on !!!!!

While I agree Falcao would be a world-class signing, do you really think he would be valued higher than Aguero?
38-40mil would be my guess..especially if Atletico wants to sell because of their debts..and which is nearer to the figures Marca states..

I am not valuing falcao higher than aguero , but madrid bought him for £38m a year ago , and he had a pretty good season , so its only realistic that he will fetch more than £45m , and even more if there are other clubs bidding too

Football guy said:
sincity said:
Football guy said:

Dream on !!!!!

I am not valuing falcao higher than aguero , but madrid bought him for £38m a year ago , and he had a pretty good season , so its only realistic that he will fetch more than £45m , and even more if there are other clubs bidding too

Atletico paid £36.4 million for him and allegedly still owe £21.5 million of that and are under financial pressure. If bidding gets to £40 million, they snatch whoevers hand off IMO.
While we'd have to move Tevez and/or Dzeko on, I hope it's us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.