Family tents/camping

salfordtrueblue

Any serious campers out there,not really done it before but looking at this one
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=153611&zenid=ae9072b0ce03c675f89dd53b3b9902fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/index. ... 3b3b9902fb</a>
seems good value. Id appreciate any advice ie,tents,campsites etc.
Is it shite ?

Not a camping person but some tents on offer on a sports site I regularly visit..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/lichfield-tents-jun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/lichfield-tents-jun</a>

i recently got a 3 man tent to take to a festival from Argos for £17. It pissed it down for the first day and not one bit of water got in which was a suprise, reccomend it

We've been camping for over 10 years now, it's fantastic especially if you have kids. I've got a trailer tent from Camperlands, superb. I've also got a Lichfield Canvas 7DL, used once, you can have it for £50.

The 3000mm relates to the hydrostatic head (how rain resistant it is) and this one is regarded as being able to withstand extreme conditions and suitable for year round camping. If you are only camping in summer you can get a cheaper bigger one rated at 2000mm (don't go under that as the 1500mm ones are only shower resistant). That's a good price and will be good quality material but it's quite heavy at 18Kg. The 4 person size is for 4 slim average height people. If you are over 6ft you'll take more than 1 space up.

PS that's a great offer from Bluebee2, large tent and great for a family and plenty of space to store stuff until you learn to go with the minimum of stuff. If you don't like camping you should be able to sell it for the same price.

Carver said:
The 3000mm relates to the hydrostatic head (how rain resistant it is) and this one is regarded as being able to withstand extreme conditions and suitable for year round camping. If you are only camping in summer you can get a cheaper bigger one rated at 2000mm (don't go under that as the 1500mm ones are only shower resistant). That's a good price and will be good quality material but it's quite heavy at 18Kg. The 4 person size is for 4 slim average height people. If you are over 6ft you'll take more than 1 space up.

PS that's a great offer from Bluebee2, large tent and great for a family and plenty of space to store stuff until you learn to go with the minimum of stuff. If you don't like camping you should be able to sell it for the same price.

Even when well used to camping and knowing exactly what you need, extra space is always welcome, especialy when it rains (even more so if you have "mini people" with you).
If I am going for anything longer than one night, I will usually have two tables (one for the stove, one to play cards on of an evening while enjoying a beer or 7), said two ring burner with grill (even though the grill is very poor), a folding chair each, a couple of inflatable mattresses, often a portable heater (stops the woman from moaning for the wrong reason), cool box (for breakfast foods etc), cool bag for beers and mixers, cooking utensils, at least a 5 litre water carrier, etc etc, all takes up space, oh, and a variety of clothes, depending on the weather, time of year etc, gas cannister (& a spare if a longer trip), and three battery lamps (with spare batteries).
But it is great to spend a few days in the "outdoors" and if the site is right leads to happy and contented kids tired out by the end of the day.

P.S. also try and pack a trowel of folding shovel in case of serious heavy rainfall, nought worse than being flooded out)

Camping is great craic...i now use this, with an additional awning thats essentially a big tent that attaches to it

20120713_210149.jpg

If you plan your trip well enough and are happy to be out and about, getting fresh air and exercise...and then a big feck off BBQ and bunch beer afterwards, you'll love it.

I scoffed at the idea of camping and caravans until i actually went out and did it...im out as often as possible now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.