Famous people who's surnames are towns in Lancashire

bluereddish said:
vivalasbeswick.jpg

Costa Del Beswick more like.

Lancashire Blue said:
Most of these names are in Greater Manchester not Lancashire. Or Merseyside.

Bolton, Atherton, Leigh, Ince, Hindley, Ashton, Radcliffe Oldham etc.

Burton (in Kendal) is in Cumbria or North Yorkshire (Burton in Lonsdale)

There are very few mentioned actually in Lancashire. Morecambe obviously being one, as well as Blackburn, Nelson, Hornby, Caton are good ones too. As are Clitheroe, Thornton, Fleetwood, Darwen. You can just about have Whitworth.

Wigan, Bolton, Bury and Southport are not in Lancashire!

Edit: There is an Ashton in Preston!

If you want to be technical, Gtr Manchester and Merseyside are administrative counties and Manchester and Liverpool are still in Lancashire. Judging by your username and your expertise on this i would have thought you would have been in the 'Friends of real Lancashire' and should know this? By the way, i suggest you tell the committee at LCCC that their ground is in the wrong county then if you want to be pedantic!

Lancashire Blue said:
Most of these names are in Greater Manchester not Lancashire. Or Merseyside.

Bolton, Atherton, Leigh, Ince, Hindley, Ashton, Radcliffe Oldham etc.

Burton (in Kendal) is in Cumbria or North Yorkshire (Burton in Lonsdale)

There are very few mentioned actually in Lancashire. Morecambe obviously being one, as well as Blackburn, Nelson, Hornby, Caton are good ones too. As are Clitheroe, Thornton, Fleetwood, Darwen. You can just about have Whitworth.

Wigan, Bolton, Bury and Southport are not in Lancashire!

Edit: There is an Ashton in Preston!

You didn't read the op then ?

stony said:
This was on the radio last week but I only caught the end of it.

They can be alive or dead and I'll accept those towns that used to be in Lancashire but have since become GTR Manchester or Merseyside.

Easy one to start

Tony Blackburn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.