Famous songs that were covers.

spot the original

laughing Len of course!

The world and his wife have had a crack at this including some absolute crimes against music. Not sure if anyone has had the bottle to do more than about half a dozen of the 10,000 verses or whatever it was he wrote. Wimps.

Trying to think of any other single song that has its own documentary, nothing springs to mind.

The world and his wife have had a crack at this including some absolute crimes against music. Not sure if anyone has had the bottle to do more than about half a dozen of the 10,000 verses or whatever it was he wrote. Wimps.

Trying to think of any other single song that has its own documentary, nothing springs to mind.
My Way

Might be interesting, it's a french song isn't it? Any idea if it's available on any of the platforms? Had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.
I think it was done as an episode of Arena which I think was on the BBC but probably going back a bit. Looked at the appeal of the song to varied artists from Sinatra to Vicious.

Might be interesting, it's a french song isn't it? Any idea if it's available on any of the platforms? Had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.
French song "Comme d'habitude" was composed by Jacques Revaux with lyrics by Gilles Thibaut and Claude François and first performed in 1967 by Claude François.

French song "Comme d'habitude" was composed by Jacques Revaux with lyrics by Gilles Thibaut and Claude François and first performed in 1967 by Claude François.

And I've just read that Bowie was the first person to have a crack at English words for it!

I think it was done as an episode of Arena which I think was on the BBC but probably going back a bit. Looked at the appeal of the song to varied artists from Sinatra to Vicious.

Thanks, there's a lot of stuff about it on the BBC Arena page but it's not one of the episodes available on iPlayer. I don't know if it's a rights issue or cost of digitising etc but there's loads of old stuff like the Arena programmes it would be great to have on iPlayer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.