Fans around the world

Notbeforelong said:
City fan from Singapore...yes I know. Supported city since I started following football and the local league here is shit plus theres easy access to the premier league, that's why there are so many people here following English teams. My first city match was against Blackburn if I'm not wrong (seriously can't remember), back in 2002. I was 13 at that time.

When I started supporting city, city matches were shown once or twice a month, plus they only showed the premier league, never the lower divisions. Never missed any. Back then I wanted to find a city jersey and get SWP's name on the back but I searched the whole island and couldn't find one. Nowadays, city jerseys are everywhere and many people are wearing them. Especially since the takeover.

Anyway, the reason why I support city is the players and the fans. The players back then would do anything for the club. They bled blue. I remember Sun Jihai being the last man chasing an opposition player back from the halfway line and making a goal saving clearance. I remember being shocked and a bit sick when Schemicheal moved to us but he had a great game against the scum. I remember city fans singing and having fun til the final whistle and wished I could join them. They always backed the club til the end. I remember Tarnat's free kick against Blackburn from the halfway line. I remember the derby where we won 3-1 with sinclair scoring. I remember derbies where both sides would come out with at least a few yellows and a player or two injured. I enjoyed watching games because I didn't know what to expect. The match against arsenal where Barton did his weird celebration thing after scoring a penalty, which we went on to win. The match against spurs which ended 4-3. Dunne scoring a tonne load of own goals (but i was gutted when he left). Even Marc Vivien Foe's passing away (god bless him he was good back then). I supported city because the players at that time, though not that brilliant technically (cept for like berkovic and anelka), always gave their all for the club.

I've endured taunts by united supporters and arsenal (back when they wanted to sign Micah) supporters. I've been told the club I support was shit and would get relegated any season. I've never missed a city game for many years and I'll wake up at 3.45am to watch a Wednesday night match. People would ask me which club I support and I would whole heartedly say city, even when we were not as good as the present. I was never embarrassed.

I may not live in Manchester, but I have taken city into my heart and life.

This is an excellent post mate and an excellent response to some of the self-righteous bollocks people post on here.

I was at my wife's village in kamphaeng phet Thailand for a temple parade and inter village volleyball tournament, when a local team turned up, all in city shirts, had my photo taken with them, thing was 4 of them were ladyboys, true, I would put the photo on but haven't got a clue how to do it?

mancunial said:
I was at my wife's village in kamphaeng phet Thailand for a temple parade and inter village volleyball tournament, when a local team turned up, all in city shirts, had my photo taken with them, thing was 4 of them were ladyboys, true, I would put the photo on but haven't got a clue how to do it?

This we must see... <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=136300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=136300</a>

dzeko's gecko said:
Notbeforelong said:
City fan from Singapore...yes I know. Supported city since I started following football and the local league here is shit plus theres easy access to the premier league, that's why there are so many people here following English teams. My first city match was against Blackburn if I'm not wrong (seriously can't remember), back in 2002. I was 13 at that time.

When I started supporting city, city matches were shown once or twice a month, plus they only showed the premier league, never the lower divisions. Never missed any. Back then I wanted to find a city jersey and get SWP's name on the back but I searched the whole island and couldn't find one. Nowadays, city jerseys are everywhere and many people are wearing them. Especially since the takeover.

Anyway, the reason why I support city is the players and the fans. The players back then would do anything for the club. They bled blue. I remember Sun Jihai being the last man chasing an opposition player back from the halfway line and making a goal saving clearance. I remember being shocked and a bit sick when Schemicheal moved to us but he had a great game against the scum. I remember city fans singing and having fun til the final whistle and wished I could join them. They always backed the club til the end. I remember Tarnat's free kick against Blackburn from the halfway line. I remember the derby where we won 3-1 with sinclair scoring. I remember derbies where both sides would come out with at least a few yellows and a player or two injured. I enjoyed watching games because I didn't know what to expect. The match against arsenal where Barton did his weird celebration thing after scoring a penalty, which we went on to win. The match against spurs which ended 4-3. Dunne scoring a tonne load of own goals (but i was gutted when he left). Even Marc Vivien Foe's passing away (god bless him he was good back then). I supported city because the players at that time, though not that brilliant technically (cept for like berkovic and anelka), always gave their all for the club.

I've endured taunts by united supporters and arsenal (back when they wanted to sign Micah) supporters. I've been told the club I support was shit and would get relegated any season. I've never missed a city game for many years and I'll wake up at 3.45am to watch a Wednesday night match. People would ask me which club I support and I would whole heartedly say city, even when we were not as good as the present. I was never embarrassed.

This is an excellent post mate and an excellent response to some of the self-righteous bollocks people post on here.

fair play to you fella

gordondaviesmoustache said:
JM Mcr said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I'm not being funny but the day our ground turns into uniteds full of tourists and glory hunters is the day I stop going. Based on the champions league games though it already happening- the Madrid game especially I didn't feel like I was at a city match

Just an opinion btw

We are Manchester city football club made for the people of Manchester nothing wrong with being proud of that
and Cheadle Hulme......
That did make me chuckle.

'The people of Manchester' and the Stockport massive ;-)

I'm from Manchester. people say its utter tosh but as has been said its one of the reasons lots of united fans stop going

dzeko's gecko said:
Notbeforelong said:

Yes, great post.
What this lot in the vid seem to do is actually 'support' the Club instead of sitting on the internet and slagging players and manager off every day.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
JM Mcr said:
and Cheadle Hulme......
That did make me chuckle.

'The people of Manchester' and the Stockport massive ;-)

I'm from Manchester. people say its utter tosh but as has been said its one of the reasons lots of united fans stop going
In which case you probably need to re-assess your choice of preposition in your original statement, as living in Cheadle Hulme means you are no longer one of the 'people of Manchester'.

Lots of the people you complain about might have as much of a connection with the city as you appear to.

bluevengence said:
mancunial said:

This we must see... <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=136300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=136300</a>
2h4w39x.jpg
and no thats not the wife its the daughter before it starts ha

-- Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 pm --

mancunial said:
bluevengence said:
mancunial said:

2h4w39x.jpg
and no thats not the wife its the daughter before it starts ha
by the way they won the tournament, i have their mobile nos if any you guys are of that persuasion or inclined?

Howling Wolf said:
My other halfs family are all big reds. Had season tickets for years. They stopped going because they could no longer afford it never heard anyone mention other fans but I suppose the two are related.
This, it was the cost that did it for me in the end. And when it comes to gloryhunters, yeah they can be annoying but over the years I've probably come across as many from Manchester & the NW of England as I have from the Home Counties and around the world. It's how you support, rather than where you're from, for me..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.