Fantastic article on our chances this season:

Great article!

I liked the part about the "hyperbole" of Brenda. Stuff like that never made sense to me. When you start calling on the ghosts of the sainted fallen every sodding week you get a bit of a diminishing returns effect as to any impact that it might have (to the extent there was any to begin with.)

One thing I would add - though the media mass-fellates Maureen at every opportunity, if you watch football at any major level in the world you cannot be left with the conclusion that his way of playing is in any way the future. Also, that turgid and negative crap of his may get some results, but by its nature it slices your margins a little more narrowly than they otherwise would have been. Much more chance for a bad bounce or Andre Marriner for once failing to award them the usual crap decision and then BOOM - dropped points.

So does Maureen given them an advantage at all? I actually wonder. He seems to be getting less out of certain players (Oscar, Hazard, and certainly Mata before they fucked him off) than the Fat Spanish Waiter did. Pellers, on the other hand, seems to have the opposite effect - whole host of our guys who everyone wanted sold last summer putting in monster seasons.

johnmc said:
Positive article = Great writing
Negative article = Evidence of agenda

True, i suppose the positive articles are always written by the people that actually do a bit of research, where as the negative ones just seem to be the same tripe that gets turfed up by everyone else about our spending, ruining football, Pellegrini being boring etc etc

johnmc said:
Positive article = Great writing
Negative article = Evidence of agenda
haha,just about to post the same,they look for negativity in anything they read,they are very very strange.

then call the sane people happy clappers

hahaha,clapclapclap

The article in the Mail today proves the point this article is making. It is entitled "Liverpool v Manchester United will be a cracker....but Jose Mourinho is destined to finish top of the Premier League". Pellegrini isn't even mentioned, and City are mentioned twice; once when Redknapp says that Chelsea should have won the title last season while City are still "short in defence" because they haven't "kicked on" in the transfer market as he expected them to, and secondly when Keown takes us to win the title! The article, of course, is concerned with those great old English institutions - Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs - and their charismatic managers.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Great article!

I liked the part about the "hyperbole" of Brenda. Stuff like that never made sense to me. When you start calling on the ghosts of the sainted fallen every sodding week you get a bit of a diminishing returns effect as to any impact that it might have (to the extent there was any to begin with.)

One thing I would add - though the media mass-fellates Maureen at every opportunity, if you watch football at any major level in the world you cannot be left with the conclusion that his way of playing is in any way the future. Also, that turgid and negative crap of his may get some results, but by its nature it slices your margins a little more narrowly than they otherwise would have been. Much more chance for a bad bounce or Andre Marriner for once failing to award them the usual crap decision and then BOOM - dropped points.

So does Maureen given them an advantage at all? I actually wonder. He seems to be getting less out of certain players (Oscar, Hazard, and certainly Mata before they fucked him off) than the Fat Spanish Waiter did. Pellers, on the other hand, seems to have the opposite effect - whole host of our guys who everyone wanted sold last summer putting in monster seasons.

Great post. Think the same but couldnt put it into words!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.