FAO Blues staying in Budapest on the Wednesday (Timisoara)

scall11

By the sounds of it, the Jet2 flight from Manchester to Budapest will be full of blues.

Firstly, has anyone booked hotels yet, if so, where? I reckon it'd be good if we all booked near each other, and all meet up somewhere on the Wednesday night to have the traditional pre-match hydration.

On the Thursday, we planned to hire a car to take us to Timisoara on the Thursday, stay in Timisoara, then drive back on the Friday. (The train leaves at 7am, and costs £70 return, going by car is cheaper)

However, it seems like a load of blues are planning this, so I'm wondering whether to get a coach sorted. There's a blue out there who should be able to get us sorted with a cheap coach, who could take us back on the Friday.

Anyone fancy it? If you could post on here, or send me a PM with numbers and likelihood of you wanting to get booked on it, and we could get it sorted.

The coaches we are on are heading for Budapest, sounds like there are 3 already lol so should be loads of us!
We get there Weds afternoon, and leave Thursday to the stadium.
We should all sort out a meeting point in Buda :)
But with enough room for about 500 by the looks of it :)

scall said:
By the sounds of it, the Jet2 flight from Manchester to Budapest will be full of blues.

Firstly, has anyone booked hotels yet, if so, where? I reckon it'd be good if we all booked near each other, and all meet up somewhere on the Wednesday night to have the traditional pre-match hydration.

On the Thursday, we planned to hire a car to take us to Timisoara on the Thursday, stay in Timisoara, then drive back on the Friday. (The train leaves at 7am, and costs £70 return, going by car is cheaper)

However, it seems like a load of blues are planning this, so I'm wondering whether to get a coach sorted. There's a blue out there who should be able to get us sorted with a cheap coach, who could take us back on the Friday.

Anyone fancy it? If you could post on here, or send me a PM with numbers and likelihood of you wanting to get booked on it, and we could get it sorted.

dave, how much would it roughly cost altogether mate.

markpollard said:
Think you want to be heading for Bucherest not Budapest. Budapest is in Hungary!

Nope, Budapest it is mate. They had direct flights from Manchester, and is closer to Timisoara:
<a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=budapest&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.744674,65.478516&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Budapest,+Hungary&ll=46.255847,22.774658&spn=4.907397,8.184814&z=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 184814&z=7</a>

Not sure of prices. My mate's come back and said a coach would be expensive, so it looks like it might be minibuses or stick to the car option.

Either way, I think we should try and organise a meet up, maybe head to a square somewhere so we're not all packed in one bar, but could hang around in one particular area.

I do like the idea of heading over to Romania in convoy though....safety in numbers ;o)

flying to Budapest tomorrow(tuesday)to get my teeth done,far cheaper than this country.Not sure what it will be like supporting England that night v Hungary though!

SWSB said:
flying to Budapest tomorrow(tuesday)to get my teeth done,far cheaper than this country.Not sure what it will be like supporting England that night v Hungary though!

Same as in England I guess. The English team will get booed as loud in both countries! ;o)

Is anyone getting the train from Budapest to timisoara on the thursday morning?

It gets you in to timi to timi at 1pm - just looking now at what the best way is to book. I found tickets for £75 on rail europe website, but you cant book them anymore as is within 7 days of travel and they couldnt guarantee the tickets getting to me on time.

Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking it might be cheaper than £75 if i get them when im there

Well it's looking like we're organising three minibuses now. Going from Budapest to Timisoara on Thursday morning, and coming back Friday morning. We're going to get some locals to drive us, get them a match ticket and hotel for them. PM me if you're interested. But I'll make you aware, there's already 26 of us, cahnces are we might be full. We're organising minibuses tomorrow.

I will arrive Budapest on Weds. 11am on Eurolines from London. Staying at Hostel called Home to Home £15 in shared Dorm. overnight, 2klm from Rail Station for Timisoara. Lots of Hostels in the area. If there is room on minibus let me know. Tom on mobile 07910 979 854

scall said:
Well it's looking like we're organising three minibuses now. Going from Budapest to Timisoara on Thursday morning, and coming back Friday morning. We're going to get some locals to drive us, get them a match ticket and hotel for them. PM me if you're interested. But I'll make you aware, there's already 26 of us, cahnces are we might be full. We're organising minibuses tomorrow.

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:29 am --

Arriving Budapest 11am Weds. with Eurolines from London. Hoping train will be cheaper to book at Budapest station. Would be willing to car-share or go by minibus. Tom 07910979 854 Believe queue for International trains can be a 30 mins. wait.

Fanny Fart said:
Is anyone getting the train from Budapest to timisoara on the thursday morning?

It gets you in to timi to timi at 1pm - just looking now at what the best way is to book. I found tickets for £75 on rail europe website, but you cant book them anymore as is within 7 days of travel and they couldnt guarantee the tickets getting to me on time.

Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking it might be cheaper than £75 if i get them when im there
<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 am --<br /><br />Lots of Hostels in Budapest around £10-£15. Look at Hostelz.com

scall said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.