UK far right trouble July/August 24

The riots have started because a 17 year old lad walked into a dance studio in Southport stabed and killed 3 girls. A British male army officer was stabed last week outside his barracks. A female was stabbed and killed on a beach in bournemouth 2 weeks ago. Social services and police were set upon in Leeds for trying to take children of parents that were throwing them out of a window. The police then left them to riot and did nothing. The Manchester Airport incident let out on bail. If the police attempt to stop and search a member of the public who is of colour they are called racist by the left wing wokies so they don't do it anymore . The protests have been a disgrace the past couple of nights with shocking behaviour. There should have been peaceful protests. I said on another thread there is a massive security threat in this country with immigrants coming into this country with a hatred of our past. They are not taught all the great things England has done. That is just one of the many things that needs to be worked on.
Rool Britanya..

I've read the last 6 pages and come across the word "grifter"many times before and have never heard of it before. What does it mean?
grifter (plural grifters)

1. (informal, originally Canada, US) A con artist; someone who pulls confidence games; a swindler, scammer, huckster, hustler, and/or charlatan. synonym ▲quotations ▼Synonyms: see Thesaurus:confidence trickster
  2. (colloquial, especially Internet) A manipulator or otherwise generally corrupt person who "games" a system, group of people, or other entity for selfish gains; especially of a political "sell-out" perceived as lacking integrity.

The JSO mob were (a) repeat offenders, (b) on bail for previous offences (c) guilty of a conspiracy to cause even more significant disruption than they achieved and (d) showed contempt for the legal process throughout the trial. They were also convicted under a law that carries a maximum 10 year tariff.

While attacking the police and places of worship is abhorrent I would expect a first offender to be treated more leniently than those JSO people. Whether that's right or wrong is another matter.

If the ringleaders of the riot were identified and and brought to justice however, and their circumstances were similar to the JSO ones, then I'd expect them to be dealt with commensurately.
My spider senses tell me that a fair few of those on the streets will have a previous conviction or two between them.

They won't.

Conspiracy theorists are not typically open to accepting disconfirming factual information. Their beliefs are effectively unfalsifiable.

So there's that with him and his followers.

Then there's the manner in which some people (who in the past would have been acolytes of gurus, prophets and cult leaders) are so invested in their charismatic figurehead that they are effectively in denial about the possibility that he/she might be an utter fraud, a grifter.

Characters like Robinson, 'influencers' like Tate, and even Trump - think of the adoration bestowed on him by QAnon adherents - seem to be incapable of wrongdoing in the eyes of their admirers. They are like secular gurus, the modern equivalent of characters like Jim Jones, David Koresh, Shoko Asahara et al.

Also, like those gurus and prophets, they provide their followers with a superficially plausible metaphysics of savagery, in this instance based on 'othering' (or in plainer language 'scapegoating') that purports to make sense of a world that would otherwise seem chaotic and unfathomable.

This all looks very toxic to me.
Billionaires like Thiel and Musk all pushing this agenda. Desperate to get Trump elected with Vance on the ticket as they believe any threat of regulation of either social media and, even more worryingly, AI will be gone. It’ll be like the Wild West and a few billionaires will likely become trillionaires whilst the poor saps voting for these lunatics will get absolutely nothing.
It’s no accident that they use the disenfranchised to do their dirty work because they’ve no idea how they’re being duped.

I do love the lack of awareness of some of these grifters though. Grimes and Wooton especially. Both gay men (although I suspect Grimes would give anything to be straight!) seem to be completely oblivious as to who the right (especially the Christian right they purport to support) would immediately have in their sights if they got rid of the ‘immigrants’.

The JSO mob were (a) repeat offenders, (b) on bail for previous offences (c) guilty of a conspiracy to cause even more significant disruption than they achieved and (d) showed contempt for the legal process throughout the trial. They were also convicted under a law that carries a maximum 10 year tariff.

While attacking the police and places of worship is abhorrent I would expect a first offender to be treated more leniently than those JSO people. Whether that's right or wrong is another matter.

If the ringleaders of the riot were identified and and brought to justice however, and their circumstances were similar to the JSO ones, then I'd expect them to be dealt with commensurately.
Have you seen the mobs? I would guess half of them have some form.
Bricking coppers is 'contempt' for the legal process. Rioting causes significant disruption. Maximum sentence for rioting is 10 years.

Oh go on then, tell us all the great things England has done across the world.
We gave the world fish and chips. Just don't go telling any of the far-right knuckle-draggers that the origins go back to Jewish immigrants who had settled in England because they'll be bricking chippies next!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.