UK far right trouble July/August 24

This is the straw that broke the camels back. The public sentiment was already on a knife edge. Hid parents came here from Rwanda, so people rightly or wrongly are going to associate this with immigration. I’m only stating how I think this has played out.
He was Welsh end of story and one of the young victims was Portuguese, should she not have been allowed in the uk to?

Nobody has denigrated the country's war effort in this thread.
One or 2 have airbrushed other countries contribution though.
Perhaps people could show their love and patriotism for England by smashing up seaside towns, fighting coppers and assaulting innocent people.....

I have said my piece on the rioters, they are vermin, you carry on waffling about other shit that's unrelated like you usually do.

Yeah, sorry , I’ve just read that the judge has lifted restrictions on naming him. Very unusual at this stage. But I guess they thought, what’s the point?

We as a society should be more transparent, cuts out all the social media guessing game shit that goes on.

Twitter (X) is King here and we need to circumvent it at all costs.

Well those 'bit annoying' protestors got 4 or 5 years in pokey. The bluemoon consensus was that stopping traffic could lead to loss of life or people not getting to work so they desrved the sentence.
The Southport, and other 'protestors' smashed up homes and shops and churches, brought traffic to a standstill, attacked the emergency services with weapons.
With the precedent set i would expect the edl organised mob to get at least 5 years hard labour.
There's nothing 'disturbing' about comparing the two protests.

Okay, one was disruptive, but so was the Queen's Funeral, The Coronation, and other major events. They're peacefully protesting an important message, some may not like or agree with it, but no one is getting directly hurt. People being late for work with respect is not quite the same as a police officer being hit in the head with a brick. People are comparing a bunch of hippies holding up traffic and throwing some wotsits on a snooker table with burning, looting and violence.

The other was actively violent. I'm not questioning the sentencing, but they're obviously a very different kettle of fish to the 'protestors' in Southport/London/Southend/Hartlepool.

Yeah I think that poster is getting mixed up.
My earlier point was that if the JSO mob are getting up to 5 years then these cunts should be getting double.

I wasn't referring to you for what it's worth, Phil.

How can we pat those on the back who died for their country and then say that patriotism is a dangerous concept? It is only a dangerous concept when coupled with dangerous ideas. It is otherwise no different to the existential challenges of today championed by Palestine or Israel.

The important thing is that people stood up to ideologies such as fascism, whether they did that for country or not is irrelevant but patriotism was certainly a driving factor on the allies side, especially for the American and Russian side. The US saw a HUGE military recruitment boom following Pearl Harbor.

If the UK was attacked today and nobody was willing to fight to defend the country then how is it possible that we could defend ourselves? I say this in the context of the people I know who are out there now on the Eastern frontiers defending everything we stand for from Russian aggression.
You don’t need patriotism to undertake anything you mentioned. People can stand up to fascism without patriotism, just as people can act ethically without being religious.

And it is important to recognise that “patriotism” was one of the main drivers of most of the wars humanity has seen over the last few centuries.

So, you are arguing that patriotism is necessary to fight patriotism.

You are prescribing a need for a love and devotion to an abstract political unit to be a “good” person (or group of people) when no such need exists.

In fact, patriotism has caused far more suffering, death, and destruction than it has ever remedied.

Yeah, sorry , I’ve just read that the judge has lifted restrictions on naming him. Very unusual at this stage. But I guess they thought, what’s the point?
Think it's got to the point where there's enormous pressure to name him and that it's in the public interest because of the profile of the crime. Throw in that he's 18 in a few days anyway and it's understandable.

Did he really? Said some clever things, that one. Hate his politics (especially from the 1920s), but there's no denying that he said some spot-on things.
By the way, for those who don't quite know — the most serious estimates of Soviet (largely Russian) casualties by historians of the period are approximately twenty million.
I'll say that again, slowly: twenty million.
In terms of loss of life statistics, there can be no arguing that the Soviet Union (as it was back then) lost the highest number, followed by China. Poland are third in that table, but they lost the highest percentage of their 1939 population.

More than half of the total casualties came from those two countries at the top of the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.