FA's new homegrown proposals

Do they not realise that it will hinder not help young players? look at boyata for example ( I know he doesn't represent England but is homegrown and one of many examples in the league.) If we didn't have the homegrown rule, he wouldn't be at city. He would be playing regularly for a lesser team and developing as a player. Instead, he can't even get on our bench but stays because we need homegrown players so pay him a lot more than he is really worth.

Pell said:
ell said:
Real Madrid youngster Jack Harper has been snubbed by Scotland Under-19s manager Ricky Sbragia because he is a 'luxury' player who isn't big enough.
The young Scots travel to play three games against Austria, Italy and Croatia in the UEFA Under-19s Championship.
Highly-rated forward Harper who has netted three goals for Real Madrid in this season's UEFA Youth League, is midway through a five-year deal at the Bernabeu, and can count former club legend Zinedine Zidane as one of his coaches.

Among Harper's coaches at Real Madrid are former France international Zinedine Zidane (centre)
He's already been linked with a move to both Liverpool and Manchester United, but that hasn't been enough to earn him a spot in the squad, despite playing in the qualifiers in Lithuania.
However, former Sunderland boss Sbragia has explained it's nothing personal with the 19-year-old, he's just gone for a more physical approach, despite Harper standing at over 6ft tall.
Sbragia explained: 'Our concentration is on the opening game with Austria and we've deliberately got more height in our squad. That's one of the reasons why Jack isn't in.
'Unfortunately, I don't see enough of him in action. The last time he was with us, he did OK, but I wanted a little more impact. At Real Madrid he can float all over the place, which he does. But with us, he has to be more disciplined.
'He's an exceptionally gifted lad, but sometimes we can't carry him. He can be a luxury sometimes. In some cases, if it's going well, he can be a good luxury.'

Highly rated forward Harper has already been linked with moves to Manchester United and Liverpool
But the ex-Manchester United reserve team coach still believes Harper has a big future ahead of him. Sbragia stressed: 'Listen, Jack's time will come. The last time I spoke to him, he wanted to really settle in at Real Madrid and find a place there. That's been a big thing for him.
'I've gone with the boys I've seen most in the last six months. We keep tabs on Jack and see video clips of him. We have people over there who keep their eye on him.
'There are others I've left out like Dominic Thomas at Motherwell who will have gripes that they're not in the squad.
'But I've picked a group of 18 which will hopefully do well for us. It's my opinion and I'm not saying it's right. But the squad I've picked is an extremely strong one.
'I can only pick 18 when I really could have picked 26 or 27. I've gone for a physical side and runners. Hopefully I'm right.
'It's purely tactical and there certainly hasn't been a lack of enthusiasm from Jack about playing for Scotland

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3009302/Real-Madrid-starlet-Jack-Harper-snubbed-Scotland-19s-small.html#ixzz3VJaU06rG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3VJaU06rG</a>
k

^^ Luxury player. This is where British football is going wrong.

That manager to me just sums up everything that is wrong in British football.

Ricky Sbragia proved an abject failure as a top flight manager. This pretty much sums up why.

The main problem still doesn't seem to have been addressed and this is - More qualified coaches.

I want to coach. Yes, I want the qualifications to get out there and coach, but the cost of doing the courses is unjustifiable as I don't plan as doing it for financial gain, more so helping my community.

The FA on their website proclaim to be helping get people qualified with the junk food providers Mcdonalds as a sponsor.

Just not good enough for me. I've looked in to it but the cost scared me.

And as rightly pointed out by many people on BM - grassroots football over here is still Triple S (Scream - Shout - Shoot)
if I had a son tommorrow the last thing he would be doing is playing football for a local club with FA organisations as the standard is shit.
He'd be playing more Futsal based games and learning that technique is far far more important than winning.

If he wants to tackle a problem then he should set a staggered salary cap on players below 18-21 and 23 to stop the likes of Sturridge and sterling holding clubs to ransom at such a young age. Even more maybe set transfer caps for players under 21 also.

kramer said:
Give an administrator a problem to solve and they will implement more rules and regulations instead of looking at the root cause of the problem. This clown Dyke shouldn't be allowed anywhere near football and the FA is akin to a gentlemen's club infected by hangers-on, wearing their England Blazers and hob knobbing with the inbred royals. Only interested in where their next jolly will come, from dependent upon the national team qualifying for tournaments. It's an absolute disgrace the way the farce association has neglected grass-roots football and it's all the bad old Jonny foreigners infesting the PL who are at fault. The idiots can't see the reason why the PL has to go abroad to recruit talent when is clear that the Jonny foreigners have been coached correctly and have facilities that English kids can only dream off
It is beyond ridiculous that the FA appoint as it's figurehead of a multi million pound industry someone who cannot espouse anything worthwhile beyond conclusions that would be ranted by Alf Garnett.

IF this bad proposal have been implemented then I have a solution for it.

The UK produce good Goalkeepers and defenders, so lets have all ours GKs and defenders from the UK.

It will be 3 GKs + 4 CBs + 4 Fullbacks which equal 11 HG players.

SuperBlu said:
IF this bad proposal have been implemented then I have a solution for it.

The UK produce good Goalkeepers and defenders, so lets have all ours GKs and defenders from the UK.

It will be 3 GKs + 4 CBs + 4 Fullbacks which equal 11 HG players.
Which 10 players would you buy that would improve us. The best defenders in our academy will be classed as foreign.

Compulsive Rambler said:
The main problem still doesn't seem to have been addressed and this is - More qualified coaches.

I want to coach. Yes, I want the qualifications to get out there and coach, but the cost of doing the courses is unjustifiable as I don't plan as doing it for financial gain, more so helping my community.

The FA on their website proclaim to be helping get people qualified with the junk food providers Mcdonalds as a sponsor.

Nail on head
it costs ten times more to get your coaching badges here in England than it does in Spain

hence why the spanish have 30,000 coaches with uefa b licences to our 4,500

squirtyflower said:
Compulsive Rambler said:

Nail on head
it costs ten times more to get your coaching badges here in England than it does in Spain

hence why the spanish have 30,000 coaches with uefa b licences to our 4,500

This.

I'll be starting on my coaching badges in the summer but it's a piss take with all the money floating around football that the prices get so expensive as you move up the qualifications.

CityFan94 said:
Bayern is full of German players because they're good enough, not simply because they're German. Focus on developing good enough English players and they'll play, it really is that simple.
Bayern has 12 German players in the squad, which is the necessary minimum according to the rules. The Bundesliga introduced a quota, which says that 12 Germans have to be in every 25 man squad. Revamping the youth development was only the first step, it wouldn't have worked as well as it did if the German FA didn't come up with additional rules that force the clubs to further develop the talents and increase the chance of playing time in the first teams. And of course, the DFL (German football league, basically Bundesliga 1 & 2) was against it at first, just like many clubs.

One without the other doesn't make a lot of sense of course, but you need a quota like that or else clubs will always go the easy way of buying foreign talents instead and any work done at the grassroutes will just become meaningless. German clubs aren't smarter than English clubs, most of them would never have invested so much money and time into their academies if they weren't forced to do it through rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.