fast fashion V quality items

The problem I find is that often the more expensive stuff doesn't actually last any longer, you're just paying for the design. So then you've ended up spending loads of something only to find it still loses its shape or colour after a few months of washing.

I do like Uniqlo though. They seem to be a bit better than your average high street brand.
There’s definitely a difference in quality of threads used in many brands.

I freeze my jumpers and jeans for two days rather than keeping on washing them after every wear. Probably wash them every third wear. It freshens then up without damaging the threads too much from the washing machine plus I rotate a lot so don’t wear things out too much.

The problem I find is that often the more expensive stuff doesn't actually last any longer, you're just paying for the design. So then you've ended up spending loads of something only to find it still loses its shape or colour after a few months of washing.

I do like Uniqlo though. They seem to be a bit better than your average high street brand.
That is an issue, to be sure. But there are high quality clothing companies that produce articles that genuinely last longer, even if their clothing has *over time* started to wear faster than in previous years, as nearly all companies move to a ‘designed obsolescence’ strategy in order to maximise revenue.

I would include Uniqlo, Levi’s, Converse, Patagonia, Stone Island, Diesel, and a few tailor shops that use high quality fabrics (I’ve come to the conclusion it really is less expensive over the long-term to just have a few staple suits made just for you than continually buy cheap hanger suits that need fitting and wear out fairly quickly).

There’s definitely a difference in quality of threads used in many brands.

I freeze my jumpers and jeans for two days rather than keeping on washing them after every wear. Probably wash them every third wear. It freshens then up without damaging the threads too much from the washing machine plus I rotate a lot so don’t wear things out too much.
I live in a hot country mate. One wear and it's covered in sweat. I wear Levis for my jeans, but that's more because I know my size and can order them online.

I live in a hot country mate. One wear and it's covered in sweat. I wear Levis for my jeans, but that's more because I know my size and can order them online.
Ah, yes, I’d be washing them every time if that was me too

I wash all my t-shirts and polos after every wear (maybe get two wears out of a polo, especially if I wear a t-shirt or vest underneath) anyway, only the clothing I wear things under that I freeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rarely buy clothes but when i do i buy the best i can afford.

Same with footwear.

Always stick to classics and very rarely, if ever, wear any new trends.

For my casual wear:

Fred Perry, Lacoste, Norse Projects and Pretty Green polos and t-shirts. Got loads of ‘em.
Stone Island and Saint James jumpers and knitwear.
Levi’s 501 (if I wear boots) and Levi’s 502 (if I wear trainers).
Got a collection of 18 pairs of adidas trainers, two pairs of Clarke’s desert boots and two pairs of Red Wing boots.

Coats (got a wardrobe full of them):

Gloverall duffle coat
Baracuta Harrington jacket
Pretty Green parka
CP Company overshirt
(want a Norse Projects Rokkvi but can’t afford one)

Smart wear:

Grey wool trousers
Very dark green wool trousers
A white button down Oxford shirt
Tweed blazer
Blue blazer
Brown brogues

If any ever get worn out I tend to buy the same things to replace them. Maybe not the exact same item but the same gist. Can’t go wrong then. Everything goes with everything else so can mix and match, I look after everything and never wear the same things too often so they last ages.
We are the mods we are the mods , we are we are , we are the mods

Always stick to classics and very rarely, if ever, wear any new trends.

For my casual wear:

Fred Perry, Lacoste, Norse Projects and Pretty Green polos and t-shirts. Got loads of ‘em.
Stone Island and Saint James jumpers and knitwear.
Levi’s 501 (if I wear boots) and Levi’s 502 (if I wear trainers).
Got a collection of 18 pairs of adidas trainers, two pairs of Clarke’s desert boots and two pairs of Red Wing boots.

Coats (got a wardrobe full of them):

Gloverall duffle coat
Baracuta Harrington jacket
Pretty Green parka
CP Company overshirt
(want a Norse Projects Rokkvi but can’t afford one)

Smart wear:

Grey wool trousers
Very dark green wool trousers
A white button down Oxford shirt
Tweed blazer
Blue blazer
Brown brogues

If any ever get worn out I tend to buy the same things to replace them. Maybe not the exact same item but the same gist. Can’t go wrong then. Everything goes with everything else so can mix and match, I look after everything and never wear the same things too often so they last ages.
I imagine you stay indoors a lot?

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.