Favorite former city player

ive heard so many great things about paul lake unfortunatley he was playing slightly before my time and there doesnt seem to be much footage of him on the net.

i found this on sky sports sight which was an enthralling watch. he seems a decent chap. shame about the injuries. was he really that good?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_8149285,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 85,00.html</a>

doots said:
Too many to mention.
Maybe Whitey,Varadi,Ali,Stewart,Tueart,Gio........,who knows?
At 41,all the above and many others have a place in my heart,they all wore the sky blue shirt with pride.If only the new generation could do the same.

Brian Kidd - was my first.

Paul Stewart

Bobby Mac (McDonald)

Nicky Reid

and of course SWP.

since I missed out on seeing Kinky (was away those seasons and no TV coverage) he might have been top of the pile otherwise, but there are too many others like Ali B and Ian Bishop, and even Eyal Berkovic who merit consideration, so... an impossible question (for me) really.

Dickov. I was 6 years old when I started going to city regularly , 97 - 98 season. I loved the guy, he worked his knackers off all the time. Suppose that's stuck with me really as De Jong and Zabba have been my favourite city players since the takeover

A bit older than a few of you on here but my list must start with Colin Bell,Brian Kidd ,Barnes .Tuart, Power,Doyle,Young,White,Hinchcliffe,Lake,Quinn,Rosler,Kinky,Dickov,The Goat,Sweep,Dunne,Berarbia,Berkavich,Corrigan

Paul Lake without a doubt.

Honorable mentions for:

Power
Quinn
Goater
SWP
Dunne
De Jong
Benarbia,
Berkovic
Rosler
Dickov
Nicky Reid
Clive Wilson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.