Favourite 60s song. No.1 Gimme Shelter.

I've been thinking about this thread for a few days and have probably narrowed my list down to 100 songs.

It's an impossible question.
Only 100 ? :) it was a prolific decade I haven’t included any Beatles Stones, Tamla Mowtown, etc impossible question.

It’s unmatched since as they were the first generation to write on a blank page, sending out hits every week great music shows on TV and radio.
IMO we don’t have the same quality programmes now but I just picked the first five songs that came into my head, all of them number one

Santanna: Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock

I will follow you:

Glen Cambell: Gentle on my mind

Acoustic heaven

Yes: Survival

Survival was written by lead singer Anderson about the environment, of which he said in 1997, we really don't have much to do with it - we're human beings. We think we're going to save the world, I think it's really the opposite way around. Along the way I've discovered a lot about how things are, that we're not very good at controlling nature because we don't know anything about nature. As a mass, we have no understanding of the inter-dimensional reality of nature and what it means.

You tell em John! Over Easter I'll evaluate my other 342 choices and attempt to whittle them down to a top five.

Last edited:
Survival was written by lead singer Anderson about the environment,
Bit of weirdo is our Jon, In a 16 August 2006 interview on the Howard Stern show, Anderson said he eats meat, mostly fish, on occasion. In the interview, he also stated he had a spiritual adviser that "helped him see into the 4th dimension". (wtf?)
Before live performances, he often meditates in a tent with crystals and dreamcatchers.

Then he hops on a shit load of planes touring the world and making millions of dollars.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Can you stop posting your picks on the thread after you've emailed me them. It's just took me ages taking off the ones I'd put on twice by accident. All sorted now but please wait until Monday after 5pm to do that. Danke.
So sorry I just Pm’d mine exact same I won’t do it again Thanks for your time signed K.B.

21 pages in and countless emails but we don't have a Rich Clifford song :) thanks blues haha. On the same subject, no Billy Fury :( I dare not tell my mam.

1. A day in the life - The Beatles
2. Zombies - Care of cell 44
3. Prince Buster - Al Capone
4. Pink Floyd - See Emily play
5. The Meters - Cissy strut

Though the list from 2-5 is liable to change on any given day, so much to choose from!

1. A day in the life - The Beatles
2. Zombies - Care of cell 44
3. Prince Buster - Al Capone
4. Pink Floyd - See Emily play
5. The Meters - Cissy strut

Though the list from 2-5 is liable to change on any given day, so much to choose from!
My five could all change on any given day such is the quality out there. You just have to bite the bullet. Great picks.

So very hard to pull just 5 out, not even touched on classics from CCR, Mammas & Pappas, Kinks, Muddy Waters, Stones, Neil Young etc

1. CSNY- Judy Blues Eyes
2. Byrds- Turn Turn
3. Barry McGuire- Eve of Destruction
4. Frank Wilson- Do I Love You
5. Lovin' Spoonful- Rain on the roof

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.