Favourite Album of All Time

tumblr_m0zqnilZXa1rrf282o1_500.jpg

dom said:
Andy Dale said:
loui_mcfc said:
No way! I've been thinking of getting it on my right arm, just one rather than the four. Can't decide whether to get 'The Smiths' on the side or the bottom, if at all. Was considering getting MCFC on the helmet (On the picture!) instead of Meat is Murder aswell. How strange.

Save your money. Buy Ziggy Stardust and forget about this second rate drivel that you think is good. Radio 2 recently spent an hour in tribute to Ziggy. I will let you dry bum me if they do that for the Smiths after 40 years.
Discuss . . . the album not my fudge tunnel .

I caught that broadcast , too, and have to say that , as an album taken in the round ('concept album ' was the phrase at the time ) this is up there with the best....

As an individual ground-breaking album (not concept) probably the most under-rated album of all time (I first heard it when I was13 and it still buzzes me now) is Soft Machine's first album ' The Soft Machine' , whose original psychedelic disc wheel album cover predates Led Zep III (another fine record) by 6 years

You lost me after you wrote soft machine . Another not mentioned . Transformer by Lou Reed . Dark side Pink Floyd .Sgt Pepper Beatles . Exile on main st Stones. bat out of hell meatloaf .rumours fleetwood mac

The Holy Bible - By The Manic Street Preachers.

Lyrically some of the most compelling poetry every written and the musical accompaniment is mind blowing.

Rock music literally doesn't get any better than this in my opinion.

My favourite album of all time is probably OneRepublic's Dreaming Out Loud. It's not necessarily relevant to the large world of contextualising important albums and bands that inspired millions to join bands that went on to become commercially successful (like Can were to Pink Floyd circa 1968-1978) and it's not exactly a fresh or exciting sound that created a buzz. But it was there for me during that phase in my life where I was a young, wide-eyed child who'd just stumbled into secondary school and found a new group of friends. I'm not going to get all deep here and type contrived or fake shit to add some sort of legitimacy to my life, but basically the album spoke to me on a level that no other band I'd ever listened to had done before. Looking back, some of the lyrics are dogshite and some of the album fillers are non-starters, but it holds a place in my heart forever for being the first ever album to connect with me on an emotional level.

Favourite song from the album:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQuR3OOr6Y8[/youtube]

As I've grown up, I've discovered and absorbed so many different styles of music as my life has taken routes that I didn't expect it to. I've always been influenced by other people on my taste in music, rather than the radio. I suppose with my friends being so heavily interested in music it was always going to happen. The good friend of mine that got me in to OneRepublic also got me into The Last Shadow Puppets and Gorillaz, who have all stuck with me through all this time. Even when I was in a relationship with a girl who couldn't wait to tell me how awful Gorillaz were, she shared a common interest in OneRepublic and I stuck by them. OneRepublic, and more specifically Dreaming Out Loud have been there for me whenever I've needed them and as I've grown up, which makes me think they'll always be there, no matter how shit they are.

waspish said:
How do you class your favourite album?

Usually mines the latest one I'm into..

Or is it memories of your youth when you'd hear/see or just stumble across a album/group that's hits all your buttons!

I'll go with your second option. This album "changed my life."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94[/youtube]

BimboBob said:
pauldominic said:

My second choice. 3rd was "War of the Worlds".

I've still got all of mine on vinyl. Blondie parallel lines comes very close as does war of the worlds :)<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 am --<br /><br />
des hardi said:
pink floyd - DSOTM

although i could go on for hours about others!

go on then mate. me too.

pauldominic said:
Blondie parallel lines comes very close

Nice call on Parallel Lines (Blondie), Paul!

I would add Singles Going Steady (Buzzcocks), Greatest Hits (The Jam), Version 2.0 (Garbage) and What's the Story Morning Glory (Oasis) in a nicely rounded Top 5!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.