Favourite Cereal

Ronnie the Rep said:
stu the blue 85 said:
pee dubya said:
I like porridge, but quite often just can't be arsed making it, then cleaning the pan.

Surely it's too much effort in the morning?

I seem to prefer salted porridge to sweetened porridge as well, other people think i'm wierd because of that. The last thing i want when i wake up in the morning is a bowl of sweet, sugary gloup.

Sweet porridge is suitable for evening consumption, provided it's lightly sweetened, but with jam added.

Adding milk to porridge, in any way, is wrong and such a practice should result in prosecution in court.

salted porridge wtf!! your rite about cleaning the pan fucking pain in the arse mate.

You must live in the stone age FFS! mix with water and nuke it for a couple of minutes - no pan and no mess ;-)

What do you mix it in? :-/

Not that it matter, i don't have a microwave anyway.

I do have a nuke though, don't want to waste it on a bowl of porridge really.

pee dubya said:
I like porridge, but quite often just can't be arsed making it, then cleaning the pan.

Surely it's too much effort in the morning?

I seem to prefer salted porridge to sweetened porridge as well, other people think i'm wierd because of that. The last thing i want when i wake up in the morning is a bowl of sweet, sugary gloup.

Sweet porridge is suitable for evening consumption, provided it's lightly sweetened, but with jam added.

Adding milk to porridge, in any way, is wrong and such a practice should result in prosecution in court.

That's how porridge should be made!

You must live in the stone age FFS! mix with water and nuke it for a couple of minutes - no pan and no mess ;-)[/quote]

What do you mix it in? :-/

Not that it matter, i don't have a microwave anyway.

I do have a nuke though, don't want to waste it on a bowl of porridge really.[/quote]

mix it in the dish and then poke an exocet through the window and hey presto! porridge everywhere

I only eat porridge in winter but I just put the oats in a bowl add some milk and microwave for about two and a half minutes. I like it with golden syrup.

I'm not a fan of salty food, certainly not first thing in the morning. Last thing you want when you get up is dehydrating by eating a bowl of salt. Sweet is the way forward. The syrup gives an immediate energy boost while the oats are a slow burner. Keeps you going all morning.

In terms of cereals out of the box Crunchy Nut are the king.

masterwig said:
I only eat porridge in winter but I just put the oats in a bowl add some milk and microwave for about two and a half minutes. I like it with golden syrup.

I'm not a fan of salty food, certainly not first thing in the morning. Last thing you want when you get up is dehydrating by eating a bowl of salt. Sweet is the way forward. The syrup gives an immediate energy boost while the oats are a slow burner. Keeps you going all morning.

change the syrup for honey as its more natural - magic

Ronnie the Rep said:
masterwig said:

change the syrup for honey as its more natural - magic

More expensive though!

Honey is nicer I agree.

Kelloggs cornflakes with a spoonful of sugar and ice cold milk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.