Favourite City memorabilia

Phuk Tifano

Old City codgers like me will remember the old souvenir shop at Maine Road. Way before the days of merchandise megastores, it was about the size of a wardrobe and was run by a grumpy fella called Eddie Phillips. It contained no end of quality tat, but my most treasured items were:

1) "Man City are Magic" blue metal badge, the size of a saucer
2) "I Scored at Maine Road" knickers - bought them my mum for her birthday without realising double-entendre
3) Sky blue leather autograph book (which Steve Mackenzie christened)

Anyone else have any personal faves?

wembley ticket was signed by the squad,they were training at the ground when i got it

Phuk Tifano said:
Old City codgers like me will remember the old souvenir shop at Maine Road. Way before the days of merchandise megastores, it was about the size of a wardrobe and was run by a grumpy fella called Eddie Phillips. It contained no end of quality tat, but my most treasured items were:

2) "I Scored at Maine Road" knickers - bought them my mum for her birthday without realising double-entendre

my newcastle away programme i`d sell the wife into prostitution before i sold that

r.soleofsalford said:
Phuk Tifano said:

my newcastle away programme i`d sell the wife into prostitution before i sold that

I'll give you a tenner.

3) Sky blue leather autograph book

I have one of those mate,with autographs inside from

Joe Corrigan
Nicky Reid
Trevor Francis
Gerry Gow
Then most recently
Nic Anelka
Shaun Goater
Paulo Wanchope
Paul Dickov
Alfie Haaland
And a few obscure ones but well known figures (at the time anyway) in football

Keith Burkinshaw (Ex Spurs to name but a few manager)
Brendan Batson (Ex WBA,now PFA man or somert)
Eric Gates (Ex Ipswich/Sunderland)

Will keep that little blue book forever

Being Mascot and getting picture took with Kevin Keegan and getting the full team autographs including, Shaun Wright Phillips, Richard Dunne, and Stuart Pearce

Memorial scarf from Old Stretford derby the season before last: the famous fifty year anniversary party which we crashed, and dissapointed the rag love in that had characterised all City fans as foaming at the mouth and popping champagne to celebrate the Munich air disaster.

Well FUCK. THEM.

It reminds me of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.