Favourite City memorabilia

the last programme from maine road
were not really here by kevin cummins AMAZING
Hamburg anything related

'Only football team to come from Manchester' flag from Wembley
That and the badge from the day, I remember looking down at them and think that they'd be nothing but bad memories but then BAM Kevin Horlock.

Anyone remember the old star badges ? You could collect them all and wear them on your jacket on match days.

What about rattles ? I had one which I over painted into sky blue and white. They fell out of fashion during the late 60's I think.

Rosettes ? Still got a few. The wafer-thin cup in the centre had corroded last time I looked and it had stained the 'silk'

My scrapbooks !

My all-time City treasure is this : a signed F.A. Cup Winners Luncheon Menu from 1969.
The Variety Club of Great Britain (Manchester Committee) hosted an F.A. Cup Winners Luncheon at Hotel Piccadilly on Tuesday 22nd July 1969. My mates dad was chauffeur to the Mayor of Middleton at the time, and all the civic big-wigs were invited.
He managed to get the table menu signed by all 12 players - Dowd, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young, Coleman, Connor.
It is my prize possession, as well as a fond reminder of those happy days !

My favourite things have to be the City players shirts I've had over the years. I've sold most of them over the past year but still have a few, including one of the Wembley 99 ones.

1778030724_a5fe452b12.jpg

I also remember the souvenir shop, and Eddie Philips was the one who had the rights to the round badge, was it not? I've still got a scarf with the maroon stripe in it which was the first scarf I ever got in the early 70s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.