Favourite CL Group Stage game

2014/15 City 3-2 Bayern - Sergio's two late goals.

THIS THIS AND THIS.
I remember it well. City went ahead early on and went 1-0 up as Bayern had a player sent off.

After that it was a Pep masterclass from Bayern with Neuer playing in midfield as sweeper-keeper to nullify City’s one-man advantage. Bayern went 2-1. I had to go to the toilet but arrived back in time to see Sergio first equalise and then score the winner.

Some beauties there Colin.
I was present at all of them bar Napoli.
Beating Bayern in the Allianz after being 2- 0 down I will never forget. After munching Bratwurst in the Marionplatz and gluwein chasers and all afternoon in the bier Keller mixing a city knees up including a conga with laughing Bayern fans and plenty of weissbier it was a great trip.

4-0 away at Feyenoord was a great trip.
Stayed in Den Hag and took ages to find a pub open when we arrived, but eventually found one with a brewery in the cellar and a gorgeous barmaid.

Those first few seasons in the Champions League were amazing. Some of the best memories I've got....

Madrid away the first season when we got beat in the last minute. Incredible following by thousands of City fans. We took over Madrid and saw City leading with minutes to go. Seeing arguably the most iconic football stadium in the flesh was incredible.

Ajax away. The match was awful, but the trip is yet to be topped!

Munich during Oktoberfest. And again under Pelligrini... which I followed with getting a train to Milan to watch AC vs Ajax in the San Siro with some of my mates from school - Oh, how I miss those days!

I think it's fair to say our fanbase has changed quite dramatically from those early years. We are used to the Champions League, and we don't get as excited about the games anymore. Having said that, Porto and Istanbul were incredible, crazy trips too (understandably).

From a strictly footballing perspective, Roma when Nasri and Zaba scored is my favourite UCL group stage game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.