Favourite football from your childhood.

Bobby the blue

Team supported
Manchester city
Growing up in the 80s and playing football more or less everyday I used to love getting a new football. I think my favourites were either the Adidas Tango or a mitre delta. I used to hate it if one of my mates used to bounce it on the pavement on the way up to the park in case it went under a car or scuffed up.

Any others from back in the day that people had a fondness for.

As a child we only played with the very light "Pingers" we named them pingers because of the sound they made when you kicked them.

Adidas Tango was the first time I ever heard a ball gave a brand name I could recall and it was exotic. Problem was always trying to keep it in shape! Seemed like the longer you had it, the more you had to pump it up, and the bigger and more misshapen it got!

The above black and white ball is, was, and always will be THE FOOTBALL for me! Shades of 1970 in Mexico and seeing the hyper colorful TV pictures in the bright sunshine and watching that ball spin through the air. Nothing quite like it as a TV spectator!

First ball was a frido size 5 with Stanley Mathews autograph printed on it, pimples too. Came in a net bag and was bought by my gran from souvenir shop at pontins Blackpool. It never dipped and was perfectly weighted. Probably 1964/5. Thanks again gran.

The king of footies…

412cf688fb898f2488c049ec60e8adcd.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.