Favourite Horror films

Lavinda Past said:
mcfclovin said:
I always liked the Nightmare on Elm Street films, also the Friday the 13th series. The first 2 Scream films were pretty good. Not a massive fan of horror, I saw The Exorcist as a kid and it shit me up and to this day is the only horror film I wouldn't watch again.

The Exorcist remains one of the best films ever made - Very much of its time though. We'd never seen anything like it on general release before. I went to the opening night with a few mates at the cinema on Deansgate. A real hoot outside, Bible bashers, St Johns ambulance, nutters handing out warning letters etc. Inside, my mate hiding behind the seat for half the film, strangers grabbing near neighbours, people leaving part way through... Scary? VERY.

After the film, we all agreed to go and see another film straight away to take our minds off it - We went to a late show at the dirty movie place on Oxford Street... I had some weird f*ckin dreams for a few weeks after that night.

Lol yeah, I heard a few stories from my parents about when it was originally released. They definitely don't make horrors that scare like that any more. Most horror films I just laugh at, but that one got to me.

RMoreau35 said:
I'm a huge horror film fan and would definitely suggest Session 9... its about a group of people having to remove asbestos from an abandon mental hospital. Its just creepy and has a great ending, its also one that you can watch a few times and keep picking up on things that add to the story. Definitely check it out!

Gonna give this a watch now...

Edit: Wish I hadn't.....rubbish

The Hills Have Eyes. Actually prefer the remake of this. Rape, murder, abduction, cannibalism... difficult to masturbate to.

Not exactly a horror but I saw the original vanishing for the first time the other week and it really creeped me out! Highly recommended.

Other than that, the exorcist, shining, and texas chainsaw massacre are some of my favourites. Good call on Dark Water as well

Laurent Charvet said:
The Hills Have Eyes. Actually prefer the remake of this. Rape, murder, abduction, cannibalism... difficult to masturbate to.

It does take years of practice, to be fair.

Rushton121 said:
RMoreau35 said:
I'm a huge horror film fan and would definitely suggest Session 9... its about a group of people having to remove asbestos from an abandon mental hospital. Its just creepy and has a great ending, its also one that you can watch a few times and keep picking up on things that add to the story. Definitely check it out!

Gonna give this a watch now...

Edit: Wish I hadn't.....rubbish

haha, I wish I could have warned you in time I thought it was a load of bollocks too.

Huge horror film fan, I'll leave out the bleeding obvious ones.

Lake mungo
Husk
The tunnel

Recommend all of them especially lake mungo, one of the creepiest films I've ever seen, real hidden gem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.