Favourite very old song

blue underpants said:
A lot of posters saying they remember their Grandparents singing songs, in my Grans house when she got with her brothers and sisters and various other relatives and a lot of Mackesen had been taken i remember them belting out ''Its A long Way To Tipperary'' and i was mesmerised.
It was only when i got older that i found out it was written in a cafe in Stalybridge in about 20 minutes, what an uplifting tune, i taught it my 5 year old niece the other week and her mam said shes singing it at school !!

I know the direct decedents of the song writer. They are all blues!

BluePurgatory said:
blue underpants said:
A lot of posters saying they remember their Grandparents singing songs, in my Grans house when she got with her brothers and sisters and various other relatives and a lot of Mackesen had been taken i remember them belting out ''Its A long Way To Tipperary'' and i was mesmerised.
It was only when i got older that i found out it was written in a cafe in Stalybridge in about 20 minutes, what an uplifting tune, i taught it my 5 year old niece the other week and her mam said shes singing it at school !!

Are they all still ''Bridgers'' lot of blues in The Bridge ie The Fox Tavern

blue underpants said:
BluePurgatory said:
blue underpants said:

Are they all still ''Bridgers'' lot of blues in The Bridge ie The Fox Tavern

Not Bridgers but surname Judge!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCLB6Y8zjA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.