Fc Barcelona vs Bayern Munich, who is better man for man?

Re: Fc Barcelona vs Bayern Munich, who is better man for man

Messi vs Robben
Suarez vs Lewandowski
Neymar vs Ribery
Iniesta vs Gotze
Rakitic vs Thiago
Busquets vs Schweinsteiger
Alba vs Alaba
Alves vs Lahm
Pique vs Boateng
Vermaelon vs Dante
Ter Stegen vs Neur

Messi > Robben
Suarez > Lewandowski
Neymar > Ribery
Iniesta > Gotze
Rakitic > Thiago
Busquets < Schweinsteiger
Alba < Alaba
Alves < Lahm
Pique > Boateng
Mathieu > Dante
Ter Stegen < Neuer

Individually, Barca got much better players than Bayern. Collectively, Bayern is better than Barca atm.

Re: Fc Barcelona vs Bayern Munich, who is better man for man

GHoddle said:
supercrystal7 said:
I disagree that someone has to be far better than someone for it to be clear that one is better than the other. Sometimes the gap could be small, but when one player has constantly been that bit better then the it becomes clear one is better.

Well you cannot give Suarez credit for things he has not achieved. Robben not only has destroyed the smaller teams, but has also the destroyed the biggest and best teams on the biggest occasions. Robben still had a great season last year. Destroying Spain, scoring the winning goal in the cup against Dortmund, the goal against Arsenal etc. I also would say that Robben is far harder to deal with in the big occasions. Chelsea were able to keep Suarez quite, but Robben has managed to be a huge threat no matter the team he has come up against.

What has Iniesta done in the last couple of years to put him above Muller. I think too often people like to praise bigger name player, but Iniesta has not played for a poor team either. What has he done for Spain in the last year? Compare that with Muller and the Germans. Barca have won one cup in the last few years and have beaten Real Madrid and City of note. Muller may not have the silky skills of Iniesta, but he definitely has the better numbers over the last few years and has decided more games whether by getting the vital assist or goal. In addition Muller puts in an incredible shift defensively, which Iniesta has lost in the last couple of years.

I don't see why we would only look one year into the past. Iniesta was a crucial part of the Spain team that won 2 euros and a world cup in the last 6 years, and the Barca team which won the CL twice and La Liga multiple times. And he's still a fantastic player, at his best shits all over Muller (who I also think is excellent though), the only reason there is even a comparison is because Iniesta isn't quite as good as he was a year or two ago. Muller has gotten important goals in matches, but Iniesta has totally dominated and orchestrated matches against great teams.

Also any player can be nullified really. Chelsea also handled Robben effectively when they won the CL. But like I said, I'm not going off accomplishments, I'm going off what I see when I watch games. Suarez is a world class player, undoubdtedly one of the best in the world even though he hasn't done it on the big stage like Robben has. But that's not what we're talking about. We're asking who is the better football player, and there is no obvious answer to that, though I would probably argue that Suarez is better. But I wouldn't be right or wrong really, I think it is a subjective notion and depends upon what qualities you value in a player.
We will have to agree to disagree on how we rate those players, but the one comment I will make is that I don't think Chelsea dealt with Robben in 2012 and that was with Ashley Cole in much better form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.