FC United Thread

They finally won yesterday at home 3-0 v Bamber Bridge in front of just 1,501 mugs.
Just one home game left and then no match day income for 3 months
I was surprised when I drove by on the way to ours that they were at home, I thought there was some agreed rule that they'd not play the same day/time as us.

Still it allowed me to give the finger to some 'fans' rather than just the pallet yard as I past it.

I was surprised when I drove by on the way to ours that they were at home, I thought there was some agreed rule that they'd not play the same day/time as us.

Still it allowed me to give the finger to some 'fans' rather than just the pallet yard as I past it.
When Pallet Park first opened it was a council condition that the Rag Socks could not play on the same day as City were playing at home. Of course they couldn't / wouldn't object to that, they'd agree to anything just to get the ground up and running. Similarly they agreed to have volunteer traffic Marshall's "requesting" fans don't park on side streets blocking locals in.

With their (self) expected 5,000 fans turning up every home game it made sense to keep the clubs apart on match days.
It didn't take long for the moaning to start because the Rag Socks had to wait until the TV fixtures were released to find out if they were playing on a Saturday or Sunday and also mid week cup games for City would impact the Splitters if they had a game that night too.
After their third (maybe fourth) year at Pallet Park they asked the council to drop that condition about playing on alternative dates and the council most likely looked at the crowds they were getting, laughed and then agreed.
The voluntary traffic Marshall scheme fell by the wayside before that.......

I suspect in the unlikely event Pallet Park was hosting Conference games in the near future then the alternative dates could be brought back in. But that's not in my life time

they’ve got more than one match left to make money. They’ve managed to whore their ground out as it won’t be needed for any of their own play off games. Bury are playing their home game there on Tuesday night as the gigg lane pitch is unplayable

Also there are 3 women’s cup finals on next weekend. Funnily enough the self proclaimed champions of supporters rights don’t seem to object to the fans of Bournemouth v Oxford or Cambridge v derby having to head up to Moston to play on their cabbage patch of a pitch.

they’ve got more than one match left to make money. They’ve managed to whore their ground out as it won’t be needed for any of their own play off games. Bury are playing their home game there on Tuesday night as the gigg lane pitch is unplayable

Also there are 3 women’s cup finals on next weekend. Funnily enough the self proclaimed champions of supporters rights don’t seem to object to the fans of Bournemouth v Oxford or Cambridge v derby having to head up to Moston to play on their cabbage patch of a pitch.

Interesting.
I know there was also a stipulation in place restricting the number of games that could be played at the stadium per season. No doubt they had that removed too after a few years and done on the quiet so locals couldn't have the opportunity to have their views heard.

Attendance for Fc at home on Saturday was just 1501 (though they always count all ST holders as in attendance at every game the actual official number in the ground is illuminating) bury playing there tonight managed to get just over 3,500 through the gate for a midweek fixture. Biggest crowd at the little swamp for years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.