FCUM fans urged to invest

Judging by the interest level in their press conference where there were about 4 people sat in the 80 or so seats set up, this one could sink like a stone
lol

What I don't understand is the fact that they still support United and United supporters look out for FCUM's results! What's all that about?

Slightly off-topic, I can't post threads yet.... but whilst we are on the subject of That Lot......There was a funeral today where I live, sadly, of a young woman who was a massive Utd fan and in her honour many wore Rag shirts including die hard Blues.....

This has been niggling me all afternoon as I could not have even done that were it my own mother's funeral.

Two genuine questions;

1. Would/could you do the same?

2. Would any of That Lot do the same for a Blue?

HankTheSucker said:
Slightly off-topic, I can't post threads yet.... but whilst we are on the subject of That Lot......There was a funeral today where I live, sadly, of a young woman who was a massive Utd fan and in her honour many wore Rag shirts including die hard Blues.....

This has been niggling me all afternoon as I could not have even done that were it my own mother's funeral.

Two genuine questions;

1. Would/could you do the same?

2. Would any of That Lot do the same for a Blue?

No. Never. Under NO circumstances...not even if my reward was a threesome with Susanna Hoffs and Maria McKee....

When it goes pear shaped they can always apply for PIK's as they should know a lot about them.

They have got as much chance of this getting off the ground as the dippers winning the league. Feck 'em all.

splitters.......... shithouse splitters.

loathe them as much, if not more as 'real' rags.

they played northwich a couple of seasons ago, and i had the misfortune of being behind one of these piss stains in the queue at tesco's.

i started singing quietly to myself 'once a blue always a blue, born a blue die a blue'

at which point the stain turn round and went ballistic shouting at me..' we'll win something before you lot do, you blue cant'

in a cockney accent !!!!!!!!

my how i chuckled !

BlueMoonraker said:
What I don't understand is the fact that they still support United and United supporters look out for FCUM's results! What's all that about?

I can give a reasonable answer to this (as someone who was part of the break away club, but who has since lost a lot of interest in the game in general) if you'll allow me

Basically, and apologies if I appear pedantic by stating the obvious, FCUM was formed as a direct result of the Glazer takeover. Many of the die hard fans of United refused to give money to the club any longer well aware that the club was now owned by one man who had the power to do with that money what he liked. It was not a statement that we're turning our back on the club completely, just that we refuse to pay any more money into the club so that includes boycotting matches. As a result these many fans for whom football has been a huge part of their lives were left with no fix of the sport to watch live, which is where FCUM comes in. Its not meant to be a rival club to United, just a way of fans to carry on watching football at weekends.

To answer your question 'why do they still look out for United results' well its simple, they're still United fans, every one of them. If this is hard to understand then i'll put this hypothetical question to you (and it is only hypothetical of course because your owners are so great)...

If you felt you were forced into a similar situation where you couldn't bring yourself to go watch your team live anymore, and was part of a breakaway club as a protest to this, would you turn your back on City completely?

wodda said:
BlueMoonraker said:

I can give a reasonable answer to this (as someone who was part of the break away club, but who has since lost a lot of interest in the game in general) if you'll allow me

Basically, and apologies if I appear pedantic by stating the obvious, FCUM was formed as a direct result of the Glazer takeover. Many of the die hard fans of United refused to give money to the club any longer well aware that the club was now owned by one man who had the power to do with that money what he liked. It was not a statement that we're turning our back on the club completely, just that we refuse to pay any more money into the club so that includes boycotting matches. As a result these many fans for whom football has been a huge part of their lives were left with no fix of the sport to watch live, which is where FCUM comes in. Its not meant to be a rival club to United, just a way of fans to carry on watching football at weekends.

To answer your question 'why do they still look out for United results' well its simple, they're still United fans, every one of them. If this is hard to understand then i'll put this hypothetical question to you (and it is only hypothetical of course because your owners are so great)...

If you felt you were forced into a similar situation where you couldn't bring yourself to go watch your team live anymore, and was part of a breakaway club as a protest to this, would you turn your back on City completely?

Stalybridge Celtic, Hyde (United), Droylsden, Ashton United, Mossley, G.N.E...... all local clubs, not without some history, who could have benefitted from the patronage of a few thousand dissaffected United fans..... No, bolllox to 'em .....we'll steamroller over all that shite and be a major force in a couple of years..... not exactly working though is it? Oooohh.... the ironing in what I just said....

HankTheSucker said:
wodda said:

Stalybridge Celtic, Hyde (United), Droylsden, Ashton United, Mossley, G.N.E...... all local clubs, not without some history, who could have benefitted from the patronage of a few thousand dissaffected United fans..... No, bolllox to 'em .....we'll steamroller over all that shite and be a major force in a couple of years..... not exactly working though is it? Oooohh.... the ironing in what I just said....

Don't try and kid yourself and every one else, the intention was never to be a major force. Part of the reason for a new club is that we could instil our own identity onto a team, bring some of the values we had at United into a new team. We still sing about United and City, I cant imagine fans of those clubs you mentioned being too happy about that, after all they have their own identity already. Notice how the home kit of FCUM is red, the badge is representative of Manchester and United's etc...its for these reasons a new club was the preferred option

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.