FCUM fans urged to invest

I'm waiting for the day they play the senior rags at The Swamp.

Then I'll press the button!

wodda said:
Don't try and kid yourself and every one else, the intention was never to be a major force.
Hmmmm that's why so much money wasn't thrown at it I guess, I remember reading threads on a rag forum at the time. hoping that one day you'd challenge united, it was of course cloud cookoo land, unless united went bust of course.

wodda said:
Part of the reason for a new club is that we could instil our own identity onto a team, bring some of the values we had at United into a new team.
You kind a contradict yourself, I thought it was so you had football on a Saturday ??

wodda said:
We still sing about United and City, I cant imagine fans of those clubs you mentioned being too happy about that, after all they have their own identity already. Notice how the home kit of FCUM is red, the badge is representative of Manchester and United's etc...its for these reasons a new club was the preferred option
Mostly it was a bunch of ego hungry united fans who were already fed up with certain things at O/T, like not having their own way on standing up, being forced into the Stretford End upper tier, the ballot etc etc. Plus a fair number were rags who liked a bit of trouble with their football. None of these would go down well at any of the local clubs, never mind the singing about City and United.

On top of that you hoped to get the real "united" back someday, and you could then merge the two back together.

In reality you forced yourself on local non league football (helping in a little way with their finances with your away following), like a bunch of bullies, and that's hoe FCUM fans have generally behaved on their tours.

Thankfully you've probably peaked, and are now finding the real world more difficult, while all the time, you leaving "united" has done f**k all to hurt them, as you were simply replaced (or in many cases you kept going to united anyway).

wodda said:
BlueMoonraker said:
What I don't understand is the fact that they still support United and United supporters look out for FCUM's results! What's all that about?

I can give a reasonable answer to this (as someone who was part of the break away club, but who has since lost a lot of interest in the game in general) if you'll allow me

Basically, and apologies if I appear pedantic by stating the obvious, FCUM was formed as a direct result of the Glazer takeover. Many of the die hard fans of United refused to give money to the club any longer well aware that the club was now owned by one man who had the power to do with that money what he liked. It was not a statement that we're turning our back on the club completely, just that we refuse to pay any more money into the club so that includes boycotting matches. As a result these many fans for whom football has been a huge part of their lives were left with no fix of the sport to watch live, which is where FCUM comes in. Its not meant to be a rival club to United, just a way of fans to carry on watching football at weekends.

To answer your question 'why do they still look out for United results' well its simple, they're still United fans, every one of them. If this is hard to understand then i'll put this hypothetical question to you (and it is only hypothetical of course because your owners are so great)...

If you felt you were forced into a similar situation where you couldn't bring yourself to go watch your team live anymore, and was part of a breakaway club as a protest to this, would you turn your back on City completely?
fc of bury was also conveniently formed the same time when yoonited hadn't won the prem for 3 years, 2 of which Chelsea won, with mourinio and abramovic's billions !
the rats jumped.. thinking chelsea were gonna win everything in site for years to come.
splitters.

blue dallas said:
wodda said:
I can give a reasonable answer to this (as someone who was part of the break away club, but who has since lost a lot of interest in the game in general) if you'll allow me

Basically, and apologies if I appear pedantic by stating the obvious, FCUM was formed as a direct result of the Glazer takeover. Many of the die hard fans of United refused to give money to the club any longer well aware that the club was now owned by one man who had the power to do with that money what he liked. It was not a statement that we're turning our back on the club completely, just that we refuse to pay any more money into the club so that includes boycotting matches. As a result these many fans for whom football has been a huge part of their lives were left with no fix of the sport to watch live, which is where FCUM comes in. Its not meant to be a rival club to United, just a way of fans to carry on watching football at weekends.

To answer your question 'why do they still look out for United results' well its simple, they're still United fans, every one of them. If this is hard to understand then i'll put this hypothetical question to you (and it is only hypothetical of course because your owners are so great)...

If you felt you were forced into a similar situation where you couldn't bring yourself to go watch your team live anymore, and was part of a breakaway club as a protest to this, would you turn your back on City completely?
fc of bury was also conveniently formed the same time when yoonited hadn't won the prem for 3 years, 2 of which Chelsea won, with mourinio and abramovic's billions !
the rats jumped.. thinking chelsea were gonna win everything in site for years to come.
splitters.

Jesus Christ...do people actually pay attention to you on here, i'm going to assume youre joking so my head doesn't hurt.

Reality check though - there are other die hard fans besides City's elite you know, as hard as that may be for you to comprehend.

On the other lads post: I'm not sure what you're bothered about FCUM so much, we've sort of replaced you as the local grass roots club, while you're now the big bad football monster that apparently you never said you'd become (like MUFC) so there's no need to concern yourself with us. And please don't talk to me about the real world, coming from a someone who's club had a ground given to them and and a whole new squad bought for them in 2 years and who somehow try to justify it as if they've earned it. Not being aggressive, just making my point.

wodda said:
On the other lads post: I'm not sure what you're bothered about FCUM so much, we've sort of replaced you as the local grass roots club, while you're now the big bad football monster that apparently you never said you'd become (like MUFC) so there's no need to concern yourself with us. And please don't talk to me about the real world, coming from a someone who's club had a ground given to them and and a whole new squad bought for them in 2 years and who somehow try to justify it as if they've earned it. Not being aggressive, just making my point.

I'm guessing that's aimed at my reply ?

Well believe me I've never been concerned about FCUM, that doesn't mean I couldn't follow it with interest, see I also follow a real local team (from afar these days). You've not replaced anyone in grass roots football by the way.

As for a ground 'given' to us, that will be the ground we still give receipts above 34,000 to the (Manchester City) council will it ? Given my arse.

As for the rest of your rant, you've (sorry I mean united, not FCUM) been paying silly money for 2 decades in wages and transfer fees, while we were deep in the shit, spending zip on rubbish, forgive me if I don't mind while we play catch up, now we can.

wodda said:
blue dallas said:
splitters.

Jesus Christ...do people actually pay attention to you on here, i'm going to assume youre joking so my head doesn't hurt.

Reality check though - there are other die hard fans besides City's elite you know, as hard as that may be for you to comprehend.

what has us getting a ground for free, and and whole new squad got anything to do with you deciding to stop following your team ?
our MONSTER club will never ever, ever be anything like that vile outfit that you USED to 'support' .
why did you all not protest and jump ship when you became a plc ?
was it because you got pots of cash to buy whoever you wanted for 15 years ?
it shouldn't matter one iota who owns your club, or if your in debt or your not winning trophies anymore ( real reason) a true football fan would NEVER stop supporting his team and follow someone else.
EVER !

cleavers said:
wodda said:

Well believe me I've never been concerned about FCUM, that doesn't mean I couldn't follow it with interest, see I also follow a real local team (from afar these days). You've not replaced anyone in grass roots football by the way.

As for a ground 'given' to us, that will be the ground we still give receipts above 34,000 to the (Manchester City) council will it ? Given my arse.

As for the rest of your rant, you've (sorry I mean united, not FCUM) been paying silly money for 2 decades in wages and transfer fees, while we were deep in the shit, spending zip on rubbish, forgive me if I don't mind while we play catch up, now we can.

Yeah we have, but in that time we've been a successful club, surely its common sense that if you achieve more than other teams then you should be stronger financially. I'm sorry we never adopted a policy of 'right we've won a few trophies now, lets let others have a crack at it and take a step back'

And a lot of city fans throw the Keane situation up when they try and justify the wages they are paying, in my opinion there's no comparison. At the time Keane was our captain, the most important player in the team who had a had a big say in a lot we had achieved up until that point. And his new wages of 50k a week (without researching it) i'm guessing were probably 10k more maybe than what the average was at the time. A big difference imo than bringing in a brand new player, who has done nothing for your team yet and paying him nearly double what the rest of the league is on...but you can afford to do it so fair play, just don't bring out the same crap of 'you started it' the situations are completely different

Anyone who thinks that you are going to get a balanced, sensible debate on this subject on here is living in cloud cuckoo land.

wodda said:
cleavers said:

Yeah we have, but in that time we've been a successful club, surely its common sense that if you achieve more than other teams then you should be stronger financially. I'm sorry we never adopted a policy of 'right we've won a few trophies now, lets let others have a crack at it and take a step back'

And a lot of city fans throw the Keane situation up when they try and justify the wages they are paying, in my opinion there's no comparison. At the time Keane was our captain, the most important player in the team who had a had a big say in a lot we had achieved up until that point. And his new wages of 50k a week (without researching it) i'm guessing were probably 10k more maybe than what the average was at the time. A big difference imo than bringing in a brand new player, who has done nothing for your team yet and paying him nearly double what the rest of the league is on...but you can afford to do it so fair play, just don't bring out the same crap of 'you started it' the situations are completely different
£100,000 grand a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.