FCUM fans urged to invest

wodda said:
Yeah we have, but in that time we've been a successful club, surely its common sense that if you achieve more than other teams then you should be stronger financially. I'm sorry we never adopted a policy of 'right we've won a few trophies now, lets let others have a crack at it and take a step back'

And a lot of city fans throw the Keane situation up when they try and justify the wages they are paying, in my opinion there's no comparison. At the time Keane was our captain, the most important player in the team who had a had a big say in a lot we had achieved up until that point. And his new wages of 50k a week (without researching it) i'm guessing were probably 10k more maybe than what the average was at the time. A big difference imo than bringing in a brand new player, who has done nothing for your team yet and paying him nearly double what the rest of the league is on...but you can afford to do it so fair play, just don't bring out the same crap of 'you started it' the situations are completely different

Of course you could spend more because you were successful, but you also became so successful on the back of becoming a PLC, the Premier League and Champions League revenue, and lets face it getting very lucky with a team of youngsters that you brought in on what was exceptional money at the time for youth players.

I was never comparing the two. I never mentioned Keane either.

Funny thing is, you started posting on this thread as a FCUM follower, and yet you've never really addressed any of the points made on FCUM, just turning it into a (rather bitter if you don't mind me saying) rant about City being able to spend money and being given a ground.

cleavers said:
wodda said:
Yeah we have, but in that time we've been a successful club, surely its common sense that if you achieve more than other teams then you should be stronger financially. I'm sorry we never adopted a policy of 'right we've won a few trophies now, lets let others have a crack at it and take a step back'

And a lot of city fans throw the Keane situation up when they try and justify the wages they are paying, in my opinion there's no comparison. At the time Keane was our captain, the most important player in the team who had a had a big say in a lot we had achieved up until that point. And his new wages of 50k a week (without researching it) i'm guessing were probably 10k more maybe than what the average was at the time. A big difference imo than bringing in a brand new player, who has done nothing for your team yet and paying him nearly double what the rest of the league is on...but you can afford to do it so fair play, just don't bring out the same crap of 'you started it' the situations are completely different

Of course you could spend more because you were successful, but you also became so successful on the back of becoming a PLC, the Premier League and Champions League revenue, and lets face it getting very lucky with a team of youngsters that you brought in on what exceptional money at the time for youth players.

Funny thing is, you started posting on this thread as a FCUM follower, and yet you've never really addressed any of the points made on FCUM, just turning it into a (rather bitter if you don't mind me saying) rant about City being able to spend money and being given a ground.
stop pissing about and get rid !

cleavers said:
wodda said:

Of course you could spend more because you were successful, but you also became so successful on the back of becoming a PLC, the Premier League and Champions League revenue, and lets face it getting very lucky with a team of youngsters that you brought in on what exceptional money at the time for youth players.

I have addressed the points RE FC United. I've explained why it was formed etc but you have your own ideas about this and its obvious i'm not going to change this.

I say it was formed as a protest to MUFC being saddled with debt and owners who couldn't care less about the future of the club, a way of fans to feel part of a club again, but your beliefs are we abandoned the team because we hadn't won the league for 2 years. Fair enough if you truly believe that, i'd ask that you give some United fans a bit of credit though (if possible)

Anyway i'll be supporting the ground development. Will be a big step for the club so who knows

cleavers said:
blue dallas said:
stop pissing about and get rid !

Why ? Nothing posted so far to need me to "get rid".
he's an EX rag :)

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 pm --

wodda said:
cleavers said:

I have addressed the points RE FC United. I've explained why it was formed etc but you have your own ideas about this and its obvious i'm not going to change this.

I say it was formed as a protest to MUFC being saddled with debt and owners who couldn't care less about the future of the club, a way of fans to feel part of a club again, but your beliefs are we abandoned the team because we hadn't won the league for 2 years. Fair enough if you truly believe that, i'd ask that you give some United fans a bit of credit though (if possible)

Anyway i'll be supporting the ground development. Will be a big step for the club so who knows
arsenal 03/04. chelsea 04/05, chelsea 05/06!

wodda said:

Yes it was formed as a protest about the glazers, I never said otherwise, but it wasn't the only reason, and you know that as well as I do. A number of united fans saw what was coming under glazer, unlike most who just saw it as more money to dominate with, so fair play to them for that, however you basically bullied your way through the lowest leagues, with pots of money, compared to others, and ironically you now complain about City doing this. Different league I know, but that's not our fault, champions league money is what distorted football so badly right across europe.

I am well aware of the goings on pre glazer, and how quite a number of united fans already hated the regime at united, glazer gave them the ideal opportunity to jump, and start up their new plaything, where they could go on tour, get drunk, and generally bully small clubs. I'm sure many enjoyed it, because it was a certain element of united fans that did it. Despite the anti glazer ideals, many never gave up their season cards though, and still to this day are season card holders, its a myth that 5000 just up and left never to return, but we all know how many myth's exist around Manchester football.

This may fall flat on its face because it is still a fair amount of money to raise and it is not exactly a charity cause and is any of their memebers are rich?

Why was giving money to Glazier so bad that 'enough was enough' but giving money to Magner and/or suits in the city of london was OK? I never got that. What difference (at the point of takeover). One foreign owner, or faceless shareholder in surrey is much the same as another shirley?

cleavers said:
wodda said:

Yes it was formed as a protest about the glazers, I never said otherwise, but it wasn't the only reason, and you know that as well as I do. A number of united fans saw what was coming under glazer, unlike most who just saw it as more money to dominate with, so fair play to them for that, however you basically bullied your way through the lowest leagues, with pots of money, compared to others, and ironically you now complain about City doing this. Different league I know, but that's not our fault, champions league money is what distorted football so badly right across europe.

I am well aware of the goings on pre glazer, and how quite a number of united fans already hated the regime at united, glazer gave them the ideal opportunity to jump, and start up their new plaything, where they could go on tour, get drunk, and generally bully small clubs. I'm sure many enjoyed it, because it was a certain element of united fans that did it. Despite the anti glazer ideals, many never gave up their season cards though, and still to this day are season card holders, its a myth that 5000 just up and left never to return, but we all know how many myth's exist around Manchester football.

...and lets not list them.

I think the majority of your post I can agree with. The regime at United had irked me a lot, you and other fans go on about the crowd at OT as if its the proper fans fault. Believe me, I and many others, cant stand the modern OT crowd and i'll go as far as saying I take the p1ss out of them more than most on here. Thats the modern game though isn;t it, that the game Sky and all the other media outlets have finally got, the middle class, family show, bring the family, smile youre on skycam. I hate what footballs become, and at FCUM I get a sense of what it used to be like...as one of our songs goes...

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC
There'll be no knobheads in jesterhats or sky tv

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent in this post I know

wodda said:
cleavers said:

...and lets not list them.

I think the majority of your post I can agree with. The regime at United had irked me a lot, you and other fans go on about the crowd at OT as if its the proper fans fault. Believe me, I and many others, cant stand the modern OT crowd and i'll go as far as saying I take the p1ss out of them more than most on here. Thats the modern game though isn;t it, that the game Sky and all the other media outlets have finally got, the middle class, family show, bring the family, smile youre on skycam. I hate what footballs become, and at FCUM I get a sense of what it used to be like...as one of our songs goes...

Under the boardwalk
Watching FC
There'll be no knobheads in jesterhats or sky tv
And still sing about City :)
I've gone off on a bit of a tangent in this post I know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.