Feed The Goat!

Petetheblu said:
I loved the goat, he's one of those footballers that make your club feel like a family club. Alway smiling, bags of effort and came good when we needed him (similar to Ste Ireland?). Felt like he was made to play for City
Petetheblu said:

Some players play for your club and some they belong to your club as your club progresses or falls apart, Gio was the same.
this description sums him up perfectly!

I remember being over for a game against Wet Spam (2006/07 season). And Shaun was introduced on the pitch at half time (think he was in town for a book signing or something. I kid you not; he got the loudest cheer of the day! Okay, maybe he isn't a "legend" in the same sense of the word as the likes of Meredith, Trautmann, Bell, Lee and Summerbee. But he and Gio are the closest we've had to legends in our recent history. Plus, anytime I've seen interviews with him or read about his life away from football, he comes across as a perfect gentleman (not that many of us left!!). I would love to have met him.

Spindash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
But he wasn't a particularly good player at all. He was a decent 1st division striker - at a time when that's what we needed.

You don't score all those goals without being a "particularly good player".

The goat new where the goal was and even in the Premiership he didn't have a bad record. Was invaluable for us in the lower leagues. What he lacked in terms of technical ability he made up for in clever movement and the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Was like a lower league Nistelcheat

No rewards, no plaudits, no hero - worship, no accolades,no words could ever be enough to fully explain what Sean did for this club, MY ClUB and YOUR CLUB .

True Gentleman. True Legend. The most important single player in our History.

ifiwasarichfan said:
No rewards, no plaudits, no hero - worship, no accolades,no words could ever be enough to fully explain what Sean did for this club, MY ClUB and YOUR CLUB .

True Gentleman. True Legend. The most important single player in our History.
Agreed! Nuff said.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.