Fergie suspended from touchline for 5 games including semi

Re: Fergie 5 Match touchline ban....

pauldominic said:
Jack74 said:
Talking of Taggart he stopped off at Sainsbury`s last week after the defeat at Liverpool, he brought 2 bottles of whisky( large ) I think to soften the pain, when he got to the check out the cashier said "Hi Mr Ferguson will you be donating to comic relief this year ?" He replied "will i shite". Next minute she looked up and looked at him straight in the eye and said " Put the fucking red nose back then you fucking tight bastard"

MCFC OK

Is that true?

Sainsbury's in Wilmslow?

My parents know him and Kathy (mainly Kathy).

She goes to their Church in Wilmslow.

Could be ?

MCFC OK

I love this version

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8386891/FA-has-let-Manchester-United-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-off-lightly-with-five-match-touchline-ban.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-ban.html</a>

spanishblue said:
I love this version

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8386891/FA-has-let-Manchester-United-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-off-lightly-with-five-match-touchline-ban.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-ban.html</a>

He'll probably sit in the seat just behind where usually seats! He's that arrogant he'll do it

FA has let Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson off lightly with five-match touchline ban

What punishment? The FA should have been tougher with Sir Alex Ferguson, Henry Winter says
Photo: GETTY IMAGES
By Henry Winter, Football Correspondent
Last Updated: 7:18AM GMT 17/03/2011
For those Manchester United fans complaining that Sir Alex Ferguson did not deserve to be punished for his comments about Martin Atkinson, well he hasn’t really. Unlike Uefa’s version, the Football Association’s touchline ban is not even a proper spell on the naughty step.

Five games appears a lengthy stint but FA restrictions are actually few. This is not purdah.

Ferguson can address his players before kick-off. He will not need to be smuggled into the United dressing room at half-time in a laundry basket or disguised as Fred the Red.

Ferguson can walk from his seat in the directors’ box, wander through the stand, a free man. He can enter the tunnel area, stroll into United’s lair, deliver his usual interval talk and administer any tactical tweaks.

Uefa’s touchline ban is far more stringent, exiling the manager from his players.

When news broke on Wednesday of Ferguson’s five-game ban, effectively three plus the suspended two for questioning Alan Wiley’s fitness in 2009, there were a few oohs and aahs, even glowing commendations of the FA’s apparent toughness.

At last, and not before time, it seemed the authorities were clamping down on the sort of serial dissent and post-match derision from managers such as Ferguson that makes some referees consider taking up a less stressful occupation, like lion-taming.

The FA’s intentions are admirable enough: to protect referees by removing the miscreant manager from the officials’ working environment. The blazers want to minimise Ferguson’s contact with officials but not stop him working with his players.

So Ferguson cannot set foot in the technical area. Yet he can bump into referees in the tunnel before the game, at half-time and afterwards.

According to the FA, the onus of responsibility is on Ferguson not to interact with officials. Self-policing in modern football. Ambitious.

This is not a proper punishment for Ferguson; this is a minor re-jigging of his match-day seating arrangements.

As for that £30,000 fine, which incredibly the FA believes is a strong one, it will never be a deterrent to a multi-millionaire such as Ferguson.

If the FA seriously wanted to tackle outbursts it considered damaging to the integrity of referees then it would ban the manager from the stadium on matchday. That would have an impact on the manager’s ability to manage.

For a second offence by the manager (with the same club) the FA should deduct a point. But it won’t because the Premier League is too powerful, and club lawyers too sharp.

So are United harmed? Not really. The FA has unwittingly given Ferguson and United a cause.

The Scot is the master at circling the wagons, and he will be using this FA sanction to stoke United’s fire even more.

Always beware a team driven by a sense of injustice. Ferguson will drive them hard.

RELATED ARTICLES
Manchester United's Nani says Jamie Carragher challenge 'was not football'
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson hit with five-match touchline ban and £30,000 fine

Re: Fergie 5 Match touchline ban....

pauldominic said:
Jack74 said:
Talking of Taggart he stopped off at Sainsbury`s last week after the defeat at Liverpool, he brought 2 bottles of whisky( large ) I think to soften the pain, when he got to the check out the cashier said "Hi Mr Ferguson will you be donating to comic relief this year ?" He replied "will i shite". Next minute she looked up and looked at him straight in the eye and said " Put the fucking red nose back then you fucking tight bastard"

MCFC OK

Is that true?

Sainsbury's in Wilmslow?

My parents know him and Kathy (mainly Kathy).

She goes to their Church in Wilmslow.

piss poor attempt at a clarkie pauldominic. nul points.

better luck next time.

Re: Will fergie be banned for the semi final?

From a shit paper so not posting a link but here's what it says:

ALEX FERGUSON was described as 'spitting mad' last night after being handed a five-match touchline ban.
Manchester United boss Fergie was also fined £30,000 by FA chiefs for his rant at ref Martin Atkinson.
He has to sit in the stands for four Premier League games and the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City, making him the first manager ever to be banned from the dugout at Wembley.
Ferguson was convinced he would overturn a charge of improper conduct at a personal hearing before the FA yesterday.
He believes he has been punished not only for giving an honest opinion of Atkinson for his performance in United's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea on March 1 but for a slip of the tongue.
A United source said: "He believes he was just giving an honest appraisal of the referee's performance. He didn't mean to claim the referee was biased and corrected the reference to him being 'fair' in his after-match interview straight away.
"Having explained himself and defended his actions he is spitting mad that he has still received such a tough punishment."
He received support last night from Chelsea chief Carlo Ancelotti.
The Italian declared: "I know what he said after the game. It was not good behaviour but five games is too much."
Ferguson had criticised Atkinson for not sending off Chelsea defender David Luiz after fouls on Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney when he had already been booked.
But the panel felt his comments had questioned the referee's integrity.
The United boss had said: "You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that. I must say, when I saw who the referee was I feared it."
Ferguson was hit with a three-match ban. A further two-game rap, suspended from a charge last season for comments about referee Alan Wiley, was also invoked.
The punishment is due to start from March 22 - covering West Ham away (April 2), Fulham home (April 9), the Cup clash with City on April 16 or 17, Everton home (April 23) and Arsenal away (May 1).
But he could ask for the start date to be brought forward to this Saturday's home game against Bolton - which would free him up for the title crunch against the Gunners at the Emirates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.