Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one moment towards the end of the game where he was in the back 3, Stones pushed on like he had been doing all night. Kolarov was in the middle and moving and the pitch just opened up. Fernandinho saw it and ran from CB to just short of the opposition area, almost leading to a goal. It was brilliant.

I love stuff like that. Proper football brain and intelligence.

Hopefully he will stay injury free and try and stop his yellow card per game philosophy he has :)

We need another one asap, he is the only player in our starting 11 that is irreplaceable. At his age he can't play every game do we have any like for like in the eds? Or a young player similar we can sign and he can earn from dinho? He is so vital in how pep wants to play!

He is tpp quality and is getting better and better. If he carries on in this vain he will be another City player that doesn't get into the PFA team of the year.

Why move our best and most important centre midfielder to right back?

Exactly. He offers way too much in his current role. He is the pefect fit where he is.

Well the answers to that is pretty obvious.

1)Gundogan offers much better passing from the deep position. I love Fernandinho but there's been quite a few times when we've not been able to capitalise on a break or make an effective swith of play to put a winger in because his passing isn't quite good enough for that position. His aerial passes in particular are quite loopy and not that accurate.

2) It would allow us to play Silva, Gundogan and De Bruyne. Gundogan was Pep's #1 target for the summer, you can expect him to be in the team when fully fit, and the other two are performing brilliantly at the moment.

3) I absolutely love Zabaleta and Sagna, but RB is IMO our weakest position in the starting XI and we'd be strengthening it - and the current fullback role of drifting into the centre of the park lends itself perfectly to Fernandinho's abilities and would beef up a technically brilliant but slightly lightweight midfield 3.

I'm not sure if it will happen, and if it does I don't expect it will be that often, but the reasons for doing it are pretty obvious really.

We haven't seen a lot of Fernando yet. Maybe just maybe Pep has done miracle work on him too. I realised in training photos Pep talks to both Ferns.

Well the answers to that is pretty obvious.

1)Gundogan offers much better passing from the deep position. I love Fernandinho but there's been quite a few times when we've not been able to capitalise on a break or make an effective swith of play to put a winger in because his passing isn't quite good enough for that position. His aerial passes in particular are quite loopy and not that accurate.

2) It would allow us to play Silva, Gundogan and De Bruyne. Gundogan was Pep's #1 target for the summer, you can expect him to be in the team when fully fit, and the other two are performing brilliantly at the moment.

3) I absolutely love Zabaleta and Sagna, but RB is IMO our weakest position in the starting XI and we'd be strengthening it - and the current fullback role of drifting into the centre of the park lends itself perfectly to Fernandinho's abilities and would beef up a technically brilliant but slightly lightweight midfield 3.

I'm not sure if it will happen, and if it does I don't expect it will be that often, but the reasons for doing it are pretty obvious really.

Fernandinho's passing is top class did you not see that pass through the middle to KDB which resulted in a chance for Gundogan who should of buried it? You're underestimating the work he does off the ball, it's unparalleled and probably will only become apparent when he's missing from the side. They've performed brilliantly so far and i'm a big Gundogan fan but none have been as good as Fernandinho has so far. Between the 4 of Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and KDB there's 4 players for predominantly 3 positions with others offering cover. That's a good mix, they can't all play every game and injuries will factor in too. Shoehorning them into the side is something Pellegrini and Mancini were both guilty of, i don't expect Pep to do the same.

Fernandinho's passing is top class did you not see that pass through the middle to KDB which resulted in a chance for Gundogan who should of buried it? You're underestimating the work he does off the ball, it's unparalleled and probably will only become apparent when he's missing from the side. They've performed brilliantly so far and i'm a big Gundogan fan but none have been as good as Fernandinho has so far. Between the 4 of Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and KDB there's 4 players for predominantly 3 positions with others offering cover. That's a good mix, they can't all play every game and injuries will factor in too. Shoehorning them into the side is something Pellegrini and Mancini were both guilty of, i don't expect Pep to do the same.
Fernandinho's passing is very good but not as good as KDB, Gundogan, or Silva. I am guessing only 3 of Fernandinho, KDB, Gundogan, and Silva will play at the same time. Obviously the exception would be the biggest of the games like for example against Barcelona where 4 of them might start at the same time, then Fernandinho can slot in at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.