#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I would stay if I was ferna for another year with a manager who's not prepared to trust his most experienced player at the most crucial moment.

Had He chosen him to start, that would have signalled the following message, "you're a leader, you've been a great servant for the club, I recognise your good form recently and have faith in you. I used you sparingly this season because of this moment." - He got non of that. Bye bye ferna, you've been class, I wish you all the best. Disappointed our manager bottled it and denied you a great opportunity to achieve something you've never done before.

Absolutely spot on, Pep bottled it, if he didn't trust him last night, why and how would he trust him next season with another year in his legs.

The minute he came on we started to regain control.

Filled in the pockets of space that Gundogan was leaving empty. Blocked passing lanes. Intercepted and nicked the ball when they launched their counters. Looked to drive the ball forward at every opportunity and go long to evade their block

I think they had a few breaks while he was on, but all apart from one were non-threatening IIRC, as opposed to the multitude of chances they had prior to that.

It was a poor decision to leave him out in foresight, and a disastrous one to leave him out in hindsight.

The minute he came on we started to regain control.

Filled in the pockets of space that Gundogan was leaving empty. Blocked passing lanes. Intercepted and nicked the ball when they launched their counters. Looked to drive the ball forward at every opportunity and go long to evade their block

I think they had a few breaks while he was on, but all apart from one were non-threatening IIRC, as opposed to the multitude of chances they had prior to that.

It was a poor decision to leave him out in foresight, and a disastrous one to leave him out in hindsight.

He didn't make a single tackle or interception last night and he played just one accurate long pass (from two attempts).

Not sure he had anywhere near the impact on the game that you're suggesting here (and that's coming from someone who would have started him).

Did not much, tuchel already sit back very well by the time we had sent Dinho on, it may have looked we are putting more pressure on as thats what Tuchel wanted against the Chelsea wall when they had 11 behind the ball.

we had no control over this game, none at all. and even when were throwing on subs, two strikers we create zero shot on target.

No way I would stay if I was ferna for another year with a manager who's not prepared to trust his most experienced player at the most crucial moment.

Had He chosen him to start, that would have signalled the following message, "you're a leader, you've been a great servant for the club, I recognise your good form recently and have faith in you. I used you sparingly this season because of this moment." - He got non of that. Bye bye ferna, you've been class, I wish you all the best. Disappointed our manager bottled it and denied you a great opportunity to achieve something you've never done before.
Yeah last night was one massive slap in the face for him. I’d be absolutely livid. he’s used him all season then fucks him off for the final... Fern might say - nah see you later mate.

He didn't make a single tackle or interception last night and he played just one accurate long pass (from two attempts).

Not sure he had anywhere near the impact on the game that you're suggesting here (and that's coming from someone who would have started him).

I think people are confusing Fernandinho fixing things and Chelsea switching to 10 men behind the ball mode. They played completely differently before and after the goal. Fernandinho never faced them trying to attack us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.